Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got images of sand and heat from his midtempo groove track.
I did very rough on purpose....
Beware of the rattlers;)

·
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hehe thanks...
Well it is CanyonCarver who made the track, along with the lp sound..loved that touch.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
The slide guitar work was evoking an impression of David Gilmour of Pink Floyd, although with a distinctively southwest flavor to it. The backing track is cool, but I thought the tempo could be faster. It seems like that would make it go better with your soloing, but it's still cool this way too.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
I really like this. To me it has a sort of "Bullet the Blue Sky" U2 sound to it. It's always a great tone from you Rid. CC, that was a great backing!

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Good work with the slide, Rid! I like the vibe it gives. It's interesting to hear how different people will play completely different things to the same BT. You should check out Wiz's version too. It was a blast.

About the backing track, I made it using Apple's Garage Band. It has lots of loops and the record scratch is one of the many cool sound effects and samples you can use to pepper your songs for extra fun.
I haven't played to this BT yet myself.

Thanks for posting your work, Rid! :thumb:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Wow...love the slide work, bro!!! :jam: That's something I could never get the hang of!! :scratch: Killer backing there also!!!

·
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all of you, most kind.
It was a bit difficult with the brass slide, my normal glass one splintered a few days ago:(
I normally use the brass on my now gone acoustic guitar, it is a bit heavy on the lowaction Wolfgang:toothless

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
Creativity for this is an A+!! Your playing blows my mind man, where do come up w/ that stuff?:jam:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
great backer and playing. For some reason I was expecting to hear captain beefheart yelping over the top of this :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts