Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have A Johnson Strat replica (well it looks exactly like a strat anyway) and I was wondering if I could get like a fender neck and get some lipstick tube pickups to put in it.I really hate the way it sounds and plays and looks and I was wondering if this would be possible.

·
Registered
245 Posts
If you hate the way it looks, sounds, and plays, I think it's time for a new axe... That said, it would depend on how the neck pocket and pickup cavities are routed. You may get away with the neck, but I suspect you'll have trouble with the pickups. What is it you don't like about it, other than everything? :biggrin:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well it was my first guitar.Bought it 3 years ago.And I just dont like it.It needs wires fixed in the output jack and needs new tuning pegs.But I just wanted to change it up a bit for the good.I play my gibson though so its not like im without a guitar.Its been sitting around a lot becuase I havent got it fixed yet and just wanted to fix her up a bit.

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f58/my-1962-reissue-stratocaster-66386.html

theres a link to apic of A strat.My johnson looks just like that.I want to change the neck becuase the one it came with sucks horribly.And i essentially want it to look like that after im done.Ecept with lipstick pickups.Its kinda confusing I know.The link is to a different thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts