Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK lads, gave two of these babies a go..........black/white striped, yellow/black striped.

Great playability, aside from the high-action factory setting. Very warm sounding. I was trying it through a Marshall TSL, had to turn the treble up slightly. Very warm, but......when I dug in with the pick, this thing came to life!!! False-harmonics were rich and very controllable.

Besides the action setting, this piece of Basswood/Maple and unknown humbucker, is quite desirable!!!
2600.00 bucks is a bit steep! That warm fat Van Halen 1 sound is here!!!

Nice asethitics, although I'm more interested in it's tone....makes me want to order my own charvel configuration as long as I can have this warm yet deadly pickup.
:jam:

·
Registered
733 Posts
very nice. :D i wouldnt mind having one. but whats funny is its a $2600 replica of a $150 guitar. i could build one that would be the same thing.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
when the announcement was made on these guitars someone said....."You could build on for less than a thousand". Now that theyve finally hit the market.....in that timespan between, I learned to built 2 comprible guitars that have amazing action and one has a SDJB and one has a sd59. one cost me about $500..the other got a custom made neck and that was about $700. Sorry Edward....they just aint worth it!!!!...especially with only 1 pickup!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any ideas on the pup? Magnet, who makes it? millivolts, etc...?

:icon_peac FormulaET

1 - 5 of 5 Posts