Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
  • Hello guitar enthusiasts! We are pleased to announce an Ask Me Anything discussion thread with Dutch musician Arjen Lucassen. The AMA will be going live on Tuesday, August 10th, and will run until August 12th, and can be found here. Don't miss out!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CHEAP TRICK - "Yokohama '94"
Kanagawa Kenmin Hall, Yokohama, Japan
May 20th, 1994
Excellent Radio Broadcast
*** "Woke Up With A Monster" tour ***

Robin Zander - vocals & guitar
Rick Neilson - lead guitar & backing vocals
Bun E. Carlos - drums
Tom Petersson - bass & backing vocals

Disc 1:
01 Intro
02 My Gang
03 Southern Girls
04 Girlfriends
05 I Want You To Want Me
06 Woke Up With A Monster
07 I Didn't Know I Had It
08 Clock Strikes Ten
09 Never Run Out Of Love
10 I Know What I Want
11 Magical Mystery Tour
12 Ain't That A Shame

Disc 2:
01 The Flame
02 You're All I Wanna Do
03 Surrender
04 Voices
05 California Man
06 Dream Police
07 Goodnight Now

Simply a killer performance, definitely one of my all-timer's for Cheap Trick, a stellar set-list with the band sounding at the top of their game. When it comes to this tour this is the only show I reach for over and over when I want to rock out big-time, Cheap Trick give you everything and more!
Recorded on the tour to support "Woke Up With A Monster" released on March 22nd on Warner Bros. Records and produced by Ted Templeman. It was their first and only album for Warners and peaked at US #123 on the Billboard chart. Shortly after the album's release Cheap Trick was dropped from the Warner Brothers label.
After the band's appearances on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and The Late Show with David Letterman, the band spent a month in Japan before returning to America to begin supporting the album by touring. Before the tour commenced Petersson commented: "We'll do almost every song off the record. We can do all of them. We kind of wing it. We don't practice the songs, really. We'll maybe do them at a soundcheck or something, or get a tape and go, 'Yeah, maybe we should do... "Oh Claire."' Sometimes people suggest things."

https://www.mediafire.com/?0bf9kzu23s0709z

:rock:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Already have this show. I am looking for these other shows from Japan tour 1994. If anyone has any of these shows can you please post them/ Thank You

Tokyo, Japan 5-9-94
Sendai, Japan 5-10-94
Tokyo, Japan 5-12-94
Tokyo, Japan 5-13-94
Osaka, Japan 5-16-94
Hiroshima, Japan 5-17-94
Nagoya, Japan 5-18-94

1 - 11 of 11 Posts