Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
If I were reviewing this one nationally, it would read something like this..

"Magical..." A timeless masterpiece... seductive...mystical .... a breath of heaven that will capture your soul...
and so on....and so on....

·
Registered
197 Posts
It's pretty cool there Joey.
I actually checked this one out on your site, prior to your posting it here.
Nice stuff man....In my own estimation, it coulda used just a slight shift in either dynamics or tonality some where along the line. Like either a change in the pace of the lines or perhaps a lowend line coulda been introduced to play off of the higher melodies. Just something to bring just a hint of tension into it, before resolving back to the main themes....I dunno...It seemed to linger in the same mode continually....but that's just a personal preference sorta thing....nothing crucial. :D
Don't mean to sound at all negative, just trying to offer my .02 worth...cause I do really dig the very nice mood is creates...and the tones were pretty cool as well. Very fitting.
Was this done with your POD XT?
Direct or mic'd?

Believe it or not, but I actually listen to alot of stuff like this.
Lotsa Windham Hill and Narada-type-New Agey stuff.
Overall, I really liked this....good mellow background music that you can have on whilst you surf or work. :icon_thum

Don

·
Registered
53 Posts
joey,

I'm a big fan of the new age genre as well. Good stuff you've got going on here. Like Don said, it's great music to have on while working away on the puter. This reminds me a bit of Heart's tune, Dream of the Archer, which has mandolins layered over each other.

Very nice work Joey!

Kevin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.