Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure whether many of you have heard this lot. They're called Ark and are Swiss based but have a US bass player and Icelandic singer, Jorn Lande. They are very heavy but also very progressive. I can hear real riffy stuff as well as Dream Theater type stuff. I'll leave it up for a few hours and then remove for copyright. I think this band would be happy to attract new fans but I won't take the p-ss! I'd like to hear what you think of them as I think this is by far, the best rock vocalst out there at the moment.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
wierd, I was going to say it sounds like a male version of Bjork at the beginning and just read you post to see the singer is iclandic. Good band, very tight and clever. Bassist sounds pretty able too. interesting stuff.

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's funny cos I can post one that sounds very Yngwie in the opening and there's a track which takes that classical piece(Nessum Dorme?) in one of it's builds. Tha bass player is Randy Coven who is well known as a Sheehan style bass player. And I've just read the band formed from the remnants of Norwegian band TNT...multilingual or what! I'll post another one.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Randy Coven - I will do some digging because I love the fretless stuff on this track. Man I have been out of the loop for far too long. I am gonna have to start catching up!

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Thanks for this -its intriguing stuff. Yes I hear, Bjork, Chris Cornell, Marz Volta and a Rush like Dream Theater vibe for sure. Sorry, sometimes it's annoying when people tell you who a band sounds like, but I have never heard such an amalgam of styles the works as well as this song does.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Wow I really dug this, thanks for posting it wahwah!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts