Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Classic Rock Revivalist
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This right here is my basis for why I think Roy Buchanan was one of the greatest guitarists that ever lived. This is Roy w/ a three-piece covering the Booker T and the MG's staple hit "Green Onions." I believe it was shot in the early 80's. Absolutely amazing IMHO.
YouTube - Roy Buchanan - Green Onions (Real Video)

Watch and discuss....What do you think of this?

·
Registered
285 Posts
bluesman6885 said:
This right here is my basis for why I think Roy Buchanan was one of the greatest guitarists that ever lived. This is Roy w/ a three-piece covering the Booker T and the MG's staple hit "Green Onions." I believe it was shot in the early 80's. Absolutely amazing IMHO.
YouTube - Roy Buchanan - Green Onions (Real Video)

Watch and discuss....What do you think of this?
Thanks for posting.:irock:

I dont really know much about Roy Buchanan's music, but I know that he knew how to work a Tele. It's really unfortunate what happened to him. One song by him that I like is, "When a Guitar Plays the Blues". If you haven't listened to it yet, just search it on youtube. He does some crazy stuff with volume swells and has this really psychadelic sounding tone in it (kind of a Hendrix Red House thing when he punches the delay in).

Anyway, Roy Buchanan kicks ass:irock: :irock:

·
Registered
101 Posts
You do know that the sheriff killed him don't you.. they said he hung himself from a window in his cell but it was to low to the ground.. Guitar magazine had an article about how the sheriff was a prick that hated Roy because Roy was a fighting drunk.. when he'd get lit he'd go out and walk around and usually the cops would come get him and bring him home.. he was out drunk one night the cops tried to take him home.. he fought them.. they took him in.. and then mysteriously he was found dead 2 or 3 hours later..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts