Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to tell you about this RB Continental guitar case I recently bought. It's pretty amazing. I can literally pack everything I need for an overnight night gig in this case and not even need any other luggage.

OK, Check out my story....I was traveling to Grand Junction, CO from San Francisco for a gig. I arrived at the US Airways baggage check-in in Oakland and (reluctantly) handed over my RB Continental case, with an Epiphone Dot Studio guitar inside, to the airline.

The flight there was about the worst ever, the turbulence was scary as there were storms lined up the whole way. Then, if that wasn't enough, I had to hop on a 2 propeller prop job for the final leg to GJ. It had been a number of years since I'd had the pleasure to fly on one of those and I'd forgotten just how much "fun" they can be.

Upon landing I headed to baggage claim. Here comes my RB case down the carousel - with nervous anticipation I slowly opened the case and voila! There was the Dot in perfect condition. Not a scratch, dent, ding or blemish of any kind. Truly amazing.

In fact Reunion Blues even threw this case off of a 3 story building (video). If your guitar has to be subjected to the whim and whimsy of airline baggage handlers you can at least have some peace of mind knowing that it's ensconced safely in a killer case. It's the only case I'll ever need, they last forever and the RB Continental won't break the bank either. Click here to locate the closest dealer with it in stock (they sell out fast!)

·
Registered
264 Posts
I rather think the 40th anniversary Diamond Series Stratocaster plush gig bags inside a 10,000 foot flight case would still be preferred, but then again, it's only an epiphone...
Packing the case with your BOB or W/E would be a cool hit if you had to walk a long ways.
I once had to walk 15 miles in the middle of the night recently. If I had a guitar and luggage, I might chose that bag, but then again, the shape could cause attempted mugging for the guitar might sell for a 20 bag of crack, after all, it is only an epiphone....
A Sheriton Elite however might be worthy, being that it's really a ES335 with different finish.
You might consider that guitar if you can't afford a Gibson. Some like the Sheriton better believing the urthethane finish gives a "better tone", and doesn't crack or chip like the Laquer used on the Gibson. Interesting bag though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts