Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a very rare LIVE show from those famed stoners, Cheech and Chong. This was during their Big Bambu tour in '72. They had a string of comedy albums before they ever made a movie. Some bits here are changed up and their are some that were only ever performed on stage and not recorded for an album like "Old Man in the Park". A must have classic.

MP3 @ 640kbps

1.Santa Monica Commercial
2.Dave
3.Holiday Inn Denver, Colorado
4.First Time I Seen Her - C.W. Hiccup
5.San Antonio Cops
6.Car Commercial Featuring Sanchez of San Antonio
7.Kotex, Pristine and Acapulco Gold Commercials
8.Un-American Bandstand
9.Right-On-Washington
10.Blind Melon Chitlin'
11.Chester Higgins Testimonial For Preparation H
12.Wa Ta-Ta
13.Marijuana Survey
14.Have You Ever Gone Into A Supermarket Totally Ripped
15.Let's Make A Dope Deal
16.Beat-Off Survey
17.Vietnam
18.Red Freak at Dinner
19.Crusin' With Pedro de Pacas
20.Old Man in the Park

If it turns out this should not be up here even though it is not listed in their official discography, just go ahead and take it down.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21660030/Cheech+&+Chong+Santa+Monica+CA+1972.rar

:24:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, but, yes, this is officially released as of May 18, 2010 and available at Amazon for $8.99. The date of this show is 2/05/1972 at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium.
See that is why I asked in the shoutbox originally and waited a day until I posted it. Someone just gave me a cdr copy of this show because they knew that I love these guys but if it is "official" then why doesn't it show up in their "official" discography? It is also NOT listed on the U.S. Copyright website which it needs to be if anyone wants to pursue against the copyright.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I hear ya. All I can tell you is the label is Ode Records and the copyright is (c) 2010 Ode Sounds and Visuals, Inc. That's all I can tell you about this. But, thanks again for this post as for I didn't have this one.

·
Registered
130 Posts
thanks geezer appreciate it

heard em in San Antonio - same tour

they were opening the show for Savoy Brown

was a benefit for a Catholic girls school the audience was full of nuns

they were really rollin on the floor over the tie dyed uptight and outta sight joke

mud

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
After dealing with boolegs for a long time it's not uncommon for the bootlegers to make their releases look as legit as possible. I have a printer. I can make a label look like "Ode". Also... only bootlegs and a few artists who make copies of their shows available a few days later use CD-R.

Amazon is also now using CD-R's for some releases as labels have ceased using silvers and sell everything digital... Hey, digital no inventory, distribution or packaging costs. I wish I could a digital recording for being horrible... but why "buy" music at all these days. A hard drive crash and your investment is gone... and mp3's sound horrible compared to real CD's or FLAC or Hi-Res DVD/Blu-Ray audio.

I'll "buy" a real CD... but a bootleg from Amazon? Are you twelve? All that's free somewhere on the internet. In fact for many lesser known act you can easily find their music for free so they get recognized. Then again... Do I really feel as if I'm taking money out of Bruce Springsteen's pocket when I saw him eight time on his last tour at over $100 a ticket.

Really... If I download Robert Johnson do you think ANY money goes to his graveside for him to use this year?

All that said... Springsteen is now selling bootlegs of his own concerts and many Jam bands like the Grateful Dead, Dave Matthews, Phish sell their own bootlegs... some from forty years ago.

What a racket.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After dealing with boolegs for a long time it's not uncommon for the bootlegers to make their releases look as legit as possible. I have a printer. I can make a label look like "Ode". Also... only bootlegs and a few artists who make copies of their shows available a few days later use CD-R.

Amazon is also now using CD-R's for some releases as labels have ceased using silvers and sell everything digital... Hey, digital no inventory, distribution or packaging costs. I wish I could a digital recording for being horrible... but why "buy" music at all these days. A hard drive crash and your investment is gone... and mp3's sound horrible compared to real CD's or FLAC or Hi-Res DVD/Blu-Ray audio.

I'll "buy" a real CD... but a bootleg from Amazon? Are you twelve? All that's free somewhere on the internet. In fact for many lesser known act you can easily find their music for free so they get recognized. Then again... Do I really feel as if I'm taking money out of Bruce Springsteen's pocket when I saw him eight time on his last tour at over $100 a ticket.

Really... If I download Robert Johnson do you think ANY money goes to his graveside for him to use this year?

All that said... Springsteen is now selling bootlegs of his own concerts and many Jam bands like the Grateful Dead, Dave Matthews, Phish sell their own bootlegs... some from forty years ago.

What a racket.
Yes it is quite a racket, especially since bootlegs have come a long way and can look very professional. As for buying this on Amazon, of course I would purchase this. Except for their recent reunion tour, it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to find any classic recordings of Cheech and Chong. Especially a soundboard. They even released a live video from a 1978 performance which is downright impossible to find, even on ebay. So to those who appreciate this post, enjoy!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.