Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have you guys (and gals) heard of this amazing guitarist chris poland? megadeth original lead guitarist.. ive always loved his style and esspecially his tone... beautiful tone
.. ive always wondered how he played like that hahhahaa.. incredible. really original..

so what do u ppl think about him?

ps: and any of you have any of his bootlegs which u can post in the other bands bootlegs sections plssss?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
LOL I don't have any Megadeth bootlegs, but I can always look around and find some. I think that Chris is amazing. I've been hooked on Peace Sells for like two weeks now. Just an extremely gifted individual. Glad to see other guys dig Chris' stuff. He was in Guitar World magazine a few issues ago which was cool to see.

·
Registered
400 Posts
i've got peace sells, great album, i didn't find much of the lead incredibley impressive, though the wake up dead solos were kick ass! i think that was mustaine though

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea both the solos were mustaines.. but poland did a little solo in the middle.. i just love the way he phrases the notes.. i think its something to do with some injury he got on his hand.. i read somewhere that his index finger on his fretting hand cant move properly, forcing him to play in a unique way..

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
I'm a huge Magadeth fan, but lean toward the Marty Friedman solos.
Poland still is great though, and contributed to Megadeth's new album, The System Has Failed.
A good album in my opinion.
Give it a try!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Chris was excellent in megadeth, really liked his playing alot, in fact, I prefer that incarnation of Megadeth to all others.

That said, I bought one of his solo records "return to metalopolis"...........and to this day, I hang onto it as a reminder to never purchase anything he ever does in the future again.

Don't know what happened to the chris poland that I used to like..............

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well hes playing the type of music he really likes to play now.. his jazz fusion thing.. but i loved the way he put in his jazz fusion style into thrash metal..

·
Registered
29 Posts
I really like return to metalopolis as well as the damn the machine album, anything Chris puts out has impressed me,great tone and phrasing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts