Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had to do this one for two reasons:

1) Concerning the thread in The Crapper about Neil Young's music sucking.
2) Needed an excuse to try out the humbucker on my new Fender Fat Strat (that's me glomming up the left speaker).

As usual, I had the guitars done in no time and have made numerous takes/changes to the vocals to do the tune some justice. Maybe someone else might like to take a stab and singing it, lemme know before I toss the individual mix tracks.

I hope you all enjoy this and remember that Neil Young does not suck and makes some seriusly rocking music. I hope I did him justice.

Cheers...

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
Nice on the guitars there stingx ! Great tone ! Whos singin ? is that you ???

My opinion Neil Young was an excellent song writer .... Not always the best guitar player but excellent song writer ... Hell that goes for lotta players lol .... look at page and hendrix ... they were sloppy at times but they were also excellent song writers . Some of all of these players has played a part in my learning and my playing ! Thanks to all the guys before us .... What an inspiration each and everyone were !

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Fucking excellent mate! I love this song.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you linda and zeppy.

Yeah, zeppy, unfortunately I had to sing due to no one else around to do so :lol:

Check this out, and this is no bullshit...I had 2 wisdom teeth extracted and two root tips removed at 10am this morning. I figured my vocals aren't so good anyway so I did several takes with and without the gauss in my mouth (for the bleeding - something about you aren't supposed to swallow *shrug*). I kept the one with the gauss and to top the whole thing off, I am on my second percacet!!! I should play like this all the time, I found my happy place!! :lol:

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad you liked it, axe, and thanks a lot for listening :D

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Whoooooooooo Stingy!!!!....This was fkin amazing hun!!!..The tone was right on man...and your vocals were hott!!!..You go with your badassself!!!:D :D

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This is awesome!!! :bowdown: Great playing and tone and the vox sound awesoem, killa job Sting, this is a keeper!! :thumb::thumb:

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Rain and Jimmy. Very nice words to lay on someone :thumbup:

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
FYI

A friend stopped by and helped me figure out a chain of effects to use WHILE recording vocals which helps compress, limit, and enhance. I am much happier with the results and learned a valueable lesson from him.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you so much for listening man. I am finally happy with it. :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts