Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Dunadan said:
Here's a mostly error-free version of Classical Gas. Enjoy!
Very nice indeed. I can't play this song ... yet. I do think I heard a couple notes that sounded off to me, and some of it could use some smoothing out, but it is still a lot better than I can do, or ever seen anyone do.

I suppose you will be entering this into the contest...no point in me posting mine then :p

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks nroberts! Yeah, there are some mistakes in there; but I just pulled it out of the closet after a year or two. It's always been a pretty fun tune to play.

I think May's contest is originals only though, so no luck there :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
This was great!! You just got to find those missing notes... WTG!

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
pretty cool ! i liked it ! .. the thing to watch for is tightness , keeping the bass notes at exactly the same time as the other notes your hitting it will sound alot tighter and more professional ,

alot easier said than done though ! .. much better job than i could do , deceptively hard song to really nail in my opinion . specially the first note of the melody .. that little trill .. quite hard ! and you nailed it . so well done :thumb:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Dunadan said:
Here's a mostly error-free version of Classical Gas. Enjoy!
No such things as Errors in my book...hehe...You made this your own..I loved it...Very beautiful indeed!:icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. You make a good point Stiglar... every time I listen to the original recording (the just-guitar version) it sounds so crisp, clean, and expressive. Part of it is probably the recording & guitar quality. But I'm sure a lot of it is technique and dynamics. Ah well :). Maybe I'll try recording through the pickup next time instead of microphone. Or maybe a mix of both!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts