Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
This is one sad day for the Van Halen net community.
Why on earth would you hack a site for fans?
:confused: As atomic_punk over at jamtothis.com said....

Those motherfuckers! Who the hell gets satisfaction of hacking into message boards? If I knew how I'd hunt those/that asshole(s) down and hack into their computer so bad that it would explode!!!! FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!

I have already alerted my friends over at Vhstrungout.com. This site, like links and classic, is full of Van Halen multimedia, mp3 and pics. They are a smaller crew but I feel this site may be on the "hitlist". It seems that any Van Halen site could be next. Even the "army" could be hacked! (Imagine the shit that would hit the fan if that place was taken down. Some scary fans in there!)
Eric, boss, how are we doing here?
I am sure you are backing up as we speak. Keep us in the loop

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Don't worry Sphill, Eric does things daily to try and prevent what happened to the Links and ClassicVH. It's truly ashame cause I was just at ClassicVH last week cause they had the most killer pics around, and just like that they're gone. I don't know what kind of person gets off on whiping out message boards, but I'd love to have 5 minutes alone with him and a room so I could kick his mutherfuckin ass.

·
Metal head
822 Posts
My dear webmasters:

Have you any contingency plan in case of the worst?? a place to get together or something like that??
I would love to have a PM with that info in case of disaster...Some sickos are having fun putting down the VH web sites and i don't want this one to go...
Keep up the great job guys, and don't forget we all 7000 members here got your backs covered....

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Thanks Sister Wrath, but I can assure you that Eric, Wip and myself, as well as all the mods will do everything possible to try and prevent this from happening here. Eric works tirelessly on it, and from what I know, he does daily updates and backups, so I wouldn't worry too much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I visit VHForums every day and it made me sick to find out what happened to his site...so, yesterday I went ahead and made a backup of ClassicVanHalen.com and guess what? I got hacked last night (actually..early this morning). The problem is I did a backup of my forums but not a complete site backup....luckily my host provides daily backups but I'm not sure if the hacking took place after or before they did a backup. Hopefully we'll be back up soon.

In the meantime I'll visit this site, the links, and the Army

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
VH Freak said:
I visit VHForums every day and it made me sick to find out what happened to his site...so, yesterday I went ahead and made a backup of ClassicVanHalen.com and guess what? I got hacked last night (actually..early this morning). The problem is I did a backup of my forums but not a complete site backup....luckily my host provides daily backups but I'm not sure if the hacking took place after or before they did a backup. Hopefully we'll be back up soon.

Good call VH Freak, although I had things setup I went through and double checked everything on my server too.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
VH Freak said:

I was pretty pissed to hear what happened over a ClassicVH man, but I'm glad you took initiative after we got hacked at the Links and made sure you were protected. Hopefully you didn't lose too much over there. Welcome to our site by the way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wheww..the restore worked. ClassicVH is back up and running. My lesson today is to back up my site at least once a week. I would have been SOL if I didn't visit the links and learn of their hacking because the last time I backed up was January.....of LAST YEAR. :doh:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Awesome dude! You guys have the best classic VH pics on the net dude! Great site. :rock:

·
drunken loser!
444 Posts
VH Freak said:
Wheww..the restore worked. ClassicVH is back up and running. My lesson today is to back up my site at least once a week. I would have been SOL if I didn't visit the links and learn of their hacking because the last time I backed up was January.....of LAST YEAR. :doh:
you should have only partially restored it, you restored wayne L back :drunk:

·
Registered
17 Posts
VH Freak said:
Great!!! ClassicVH is a "new" site for me, but I'm very glad you've got it back up!

Shari

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.