Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my first recording with my JSX amp and my Signed js-100. The recorded sound is much fatter live so some adjustments have been made. Had a little fun with some effects here...your opinion on the tone compared to real Joe Satriani would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Awesome playing as always Axe!!!:icon_jam: As for the tone....I've never heard this song and by no means am I a Satch afficianado but I wouldn't recognize this as his signature sound. I think some of your other songs sounded much closer to Satch's tone. Just my 2 cents.:dunno:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Very nice AXE!!!!:icon_cool :icon_cool

·
Registered
153 Posts
Decent playing here. I'v enever heard this song before so I can't say if this is the tone that Joe used, but as was said above, this doesn't sound anything like any of Joes tones I've heard before. It sounds kinda thin and distant, almost like it is coming through a telephone. Joe's tone is usualy fatter in the mix and more in your face.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanks tounge..thats what i thought....it was even worse and i had to mess with the eq.....i may have to think about miking up this amp instead of direct out

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I think the tone is compressed sounding but, with some more reverb or echo it would be very interesting texturally. The playing was TOPS axe! What was that effect that started around 4:02 on the track?

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This is killa Axe, great playing!!:thumb: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all the comments:rock: ...the effect im using is incorporated in my GNX1 with the expression pedal (note bender/shifter)...stilll learning how to use it....theres a boss pedal the super shifter the does this effect with more precision...its the most expensive at 160 bucks but ebayers can get at 110

1 - 13 of 13 Posts