Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
I have always loved Collective Soul and thought that they, along with Stone Temple Pilots were the only two "grunge" era bands that carried the torch for good songwriting and guitar solos. It's good to see they're back.

·
Registered
472 Posts
They have some songs that rock. Where the river flows, shine, precious declaration to name a few. But they did seem a bit artsy sometimes. I saw them live a couple times, and they put on a good show
The guitar players are pretty good..

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
Precious Declaration. If I could only pick one song to sum these guys up, that would be it.

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
It's Collective Soul and I dig it. Not just because it's got their name on it, but it's a good song. IMO

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I've always liked Collective Soul.
Precious Declaration, Disciplined Breakdown, Heavy, Shine...great stuff! This is no different. I thought when Ross Childress left the band, that would be the end..guess not!

·
Banned
59 Posts
Ive always liked Collective Soul alot. They have a Unique Sound. Most bands lack that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have been a Collective Soul fan since their first album, and enjoy the varying degrees of 'heaviness' that they have shown over the past 12 years. I like the variety.

I got to see Collective Soul this past summer at a Crawfish Boil in Birmingham, Alabama and their new lead guitarist did quite well. I really liked Ross Childress, and when he left I had the same feeling I had when DeGarmo left Queensryche. But after their show in June, and hearing some new songs from the upcoming album, I am ready! A friend of mine saw them just a few weeks back at a Regatta in West Virginia and he said they really tore it up. I can't wait for a full blown tour to support the new album.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
All I know is that this group could stand to cut some sort of industry deal with radio DJs so they do NOT play them 6 times a day. That ruined a couple of their songs for me (overexposure, at least here in Kansas City). But they seem pretty talented and fresh as a band. More distinct than most bands we've seen since the 90s.

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Riff Addict said:
Yeah Radio just kills some bands popularity through massive overexposure. I wouldn't want to hear my absolute favorite songs of all time 10 times a day for cryin' out loud much less songs I just sorta like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would. "She bangs, she bangs, oooooh baby when she moves"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts