Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my "pop song" :)

Nothing deep - this is the realisation that running from a serious relationship is not always the best thing to do. It is just a case of "Hey, I can deal with this and I want back in!" - It is meant as fun. I did the song with a Echo and the Bunnymen feel ... which for some reason sounded more like Bob Geldof to most peoples ears.

Here is the tune http://www.guitars101.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=11457

And here is the lyric

Come Back
-----------

I never felt this, it almost feels obscene
Locked in happiness, And well within my means
Once words they never came, now they float and tease
The meter and the pace, articulate with ease

So come back
Run Back
Run home
Come soon

Funny how things change, before I never knew
The bitterness in me, and the pain I put in you
Believe that has passed, and I stand true today
Can you put your faith in me, and please come back to stay

So come back
Run Back
Run home
Come soon

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Another fantastic tune, Goport. I hope this doesn't sound bad or upset you, but I kept thinking of Fleetwood Mac while listening to this tune. Not old Fleetwood Mac, but more recent Mac. Perhpas it was the backup vocals. Not sure, but it sounded great. Another quality post. :thumbup:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KC, Fleetwood Mac is a new one on me mate. I actually made this one based on the intro riff. The riff was stuck in my head and I couldn't shift it but I had no idea it was in 6/8 time. I am not very smart :) Once I nailed it and got the groove the lyrics came very quickly. Thanks for the kind words though, and I wasn't upset Mr Buckinham is a dude although I must confess I prefer Peter Green era (Man Of The World and Green Manlishi are firm favourites of mine.)

Wigrocks - you are far too kind to me mate. I really only do this stuff because I found this site. I don't have any aspirations to get a cd out or do a website, but it is flattering to know you think I could. Many thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts