Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comedy - Now You\'re Gone...

This is what knocked my confidence all that time back...

This is what I came up with when I was in a band with a few "mates". This was a rough demo of a song idea of mine that we recorded.

My guitar did not sound like an ice-cream van when we recorded it, but the drummer remixed it and put those bloody strings on it...

People say that it could be worked into something, but the damn thing has haunted me for so long, I'll get it out there for you lot to have a laugh at...

Cuz it's fookin awful !!!

I sing and play the Ice Cream Van. The other two guys are on bass (and backing vocals) and drums. Notice how the drums are hig in the mix...

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
Re: Comedy - Now You\'re Gone...

I heard this one awhile back and I have one question. Did those guys ever get used to saying, "Would you like fries with that?"

·
Registered
89 Posts

Not to bad. I have heard much worse than that before. I can say that i didn't laugh until half way through. Just kidding dude. I know you have done much better stuff that I have downloaded from your list.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts

It's not bad at all Mondy! Bunch of Shite about being a comedy...sounds sort of like The Doors imo...I do agree it could be polished on the guitar tone, but not bad at all sir! You sing well man!
..now get some sleep man!! It must be 3:00am where you are!!!

·
Registered
472 Posts

great, now Ill have THAT melody in my head all night...thanx mondy...
quick, somebody post mmmbop will ya...

·
Registered
886 Posts

It's a good song actually. The guitar does sound a bit odd but it's quite a catchy tune.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts

hey mondy i like it ,its got a great melody,one that sticks in your head it makes you want to play it again

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts

I agree wiff Mick on this!!!,,,had a nice vintage sound to it...its kinda like the beatles meets the doors in a recording session!!!,,I enjoyed it Mondy!!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts

This was very cool Mond, very catchy, really enjoyed it!!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts

hey mondy had to come back to this, sounds a lot like zappa and the mothers, it could of come off zappas first album

·
Registered
3,507 Posts

i agree it sounds a tad like the doors..nothin wrong with this at all mondy..I am sure we all have stuff that we made we feel the same way about, after all we are our worst critics...but i enjoyed this..

·
Registered
472 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
mickey_g107 said:
what are you talking about? that had a nice vintage sound to it, if hendrix recorded somehting like that people would be loving it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I wuz joking mickey,,,relax dude

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts

Sounds like something from the time where I was born

Don't be hard on yourself, nice and catchy, nothing with a raw older tone or sound.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts