Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im brand new...im 17, been playing for a lil over a year so far, but i've never had lessons....

umm, anyways, i actually got a halfway decent sounding recording of the solo, i figured i should post to get some actual feedback.

i know its really low quality because i converted it to .mp3 from .wav, and also because i dont really have anything nice to record to the computer with. basically i played overtop of the song playing from the speakers, me on my amp behind (i couldnt find an backing track to use)...still at that, for what it is, it sounds good, but there is some mush because there are after all two guitars, and you can hear where i deviate from the written solo...hope you get some enjoyment

thanks ahead for puttin up with a low quality recording from a fresh newb and i look forward to what ever advice/ critique you have for me

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Hi there.

Sounds good. You certainly seem to have the feel of this solo right. Only thing I'd say is the phrasin would need a bit more pauses in there. It sounds a little rushed.

But it could just be the speed of the backing track.
Also, that guitar is way too back in the mix. I'd like it a lot further forward so I could give it a proper listen !

Good post though dude. I can never get this one right at all. Most difficult indeed !

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks mondola, its a bit unpolished i know, but i've only worked with this song since sunday of this week, and the solos since monday, and having recorded this that tuesday, well theres always some error, and yeah im still trying to create what i would consider 'good phrasing' and as for the thigns i've heard from people on the site, theres no shortage of talent to learn from

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys, i will continue to improve my playing and i know i've got tons of time to grow musically .
keep the critique coming pls if you're still listening or have yet to sample it

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was very cool Floyd Rock you definetly have the feel of this killa solo down, just a little more polsih and you will have this bad boy spot on!!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
You're alot better than i was after a year. It sounded very smooth considering how long you've been playing. I think your next step should definitely be getting a pod or a v-amp2 to record directly with

·
Registered
165 Posts
Your playing is good. I wish the clip were better quality so I could hear your guitar. I love Gilmour's tone his sustain is just the best. Be sure to post more clips!

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
good playing very good. TOoo much reverb though. But made up 4 it with the feel. I wish I played that well when i was 17!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys, next time i post ill make sure im more out front in the recording.
thanks for the tips so far, it really does help me out

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
I think on the whole this is quite good , i mean i know how you did it , and the recording is chewy , but i can tell from here you play it good , you have stability , i would like to hear you on a decent recording , i have seen Pink Floyd midi files , maybe you should look for some ,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.