Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am looking to get some decent sustain for a moderate price. I am looking to use this on my clean channel for blues. I was wondering if anyone had any recomendations on a compressor. Heres my current setup.

Fender MIM Powerhouse Strat
Takamine EG240
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Princeton 65(for carrying around)
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Boss BD2 Blues Driver (planning on upgrading to the TS808 Tube Screamer)
Danelectro Chicken Salad Vibrato(rarely use this but it was real cheap)

I have only been playing for a year but it sure is fun. Some of my favorite artists are.

SRV
Satch{I dont plan on tackling his music for a while)
Trower
Elmore James
Howlin Wolf(or Hubert Sumlin)
Santana

Thanks people!! and Rock on :chucks:

·
Registered
235 Posts
I recommend going to a guitar shop and trying out the products they have to offer, we can only give our opinion, not yours.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tnx for the info guys,

I assume what you are are talking about lazer is replacing the pickup?
I was hoping to get some kind of compressor, but hell I might have to give that a try.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Lazertronic said:
well... i would try out a compressor first... the whole sustainer thing can get kinda spendy.... use it as a last resort.
I agree! Adding a sustainer pick-up is more permanent than just adding a pedal to the mix of things.
:icon_thum

·
Registered
235 Posts
outrider2k said:
tnx for the info guys,

I assume what you are are talking about lazer is replacing the pickup?
I was hoping to get some kind of compressor, but hell I might have to give that a try.
I would go to the store, before adding weird things onto your perfectly fine strat. Check out the pedals, besides, I think all youd need is Reverb for clean state to have a full sound, thats what i use. Or in my friends case, he barely plays with Clean, he puts on a slight tinge of Distortion to get the lights soft, and the hard notes crunchy. But whatever, try out stuff, whatever you think is good, consider it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for everyone shelp here,

I purchased a power soak from one of the great members of this community. It seems to have solved my problems. I can crank my amp up to about 4 or 5, turn the attenuator down and click on my BD2. Now I get tons of sustain at relatively low volume. I dont think I need a compressor at this point. SO I can sve my money for the Ibanez Ts808.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts