Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Contest rules for July

For July 2005’s MP3 of the Month contest, we will be going with a suggestion from Verga, which is quite fitting for this month. With July 4th being a national holiday in the United States (Independence Day), our theme for this month will be Original Interpretations of National Anthems. Since Guitars101 is a global phenomenon, with community members who live in many countries of the world (which is one of the best features about this site), the contest will not be limited to USA’s Star Spangled Banner. If you happen to fancy the National Anthem from your own country, and wish to do your own interpretation, you are encouraged to enter that. Below are a few links to some sites that contain MIDI files of National Anthems:

Otherwise, just go to Google (or similar search engine) and type in ‘MIDI National Anthems’ and see what you can find. If you do perform your own search and find additional resources for National Anthems other than listed above, feel free to post it here so that others may check it out as well.

As far as style, you may interpret your anthem any way that you see fit. Although not required, it would be very helpful to include a MIDI file or other audio sample of the country’s anthem you choose to interpret, along with your entry, so that everyone can have something to compare your interpretation with. So good luck to all who take on this patriotic challenge! Should be a fun month.

IMPORTANT: All entries for July’s contest must be posted before midnight on the evening of July 23rd in order to be included in the poll for voting.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Cool! :icon_thum I just did a cover of the Star Spangled Banner Hendrix original attempt wich many guitarist like and some other guys hate. I hope to have good reactions.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
verga said:
Cool! :icon_thum I just did a cover of the Star Spangled Banner Hendrix original attempt ...
Alright! Great! Fantastic!.....well, where is it??? Throw it on up there. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
I think I might be a litte too far south to be called a "Yank" you WANKER ha ha ha, Man it is too bad we don't live closer!

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
EEWWW dude...stay on that side of the fence .......LOL I guess we should take our fun talk to another thread....don't want KC trying to kill us for messing up his contest idea! HE can get violent as you have seen! ha ha

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
kc_artist_rocker said:
Alright! Great! Fantastic!.....well, where is it??? Throw it on up there. :thumbup:
Wait a while. Im giving it the last touchs :thumb:

·
Registered
127 Posts
kc_artist_rocker said:
IMPORTANT: All entries for July’s contest must be posted before midnight on the evening of July 23rd in order to be included in the poll for voting.
Time to vote. Were is the poll? :rock:

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GROS said:
Time to vote. Were is the poll? :rock:
I appreciate your excitement to cast your vote, as there are some great entries this month, but please be patient and I will get the poll up this evening. Thank you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.