Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.audiostreet.net/jmz

enjoy dudes, I recorded this a month or so ago, with a backing track from a Guitar Techniques CD, with a Squier Bullet -> Digitech RP200 -> Cool Edit Pro 2.0 (hax0red edition! :yumyum: )

been playing for 2 years, tell me what ya think

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Very good mate. especially since you have only been playing 2 years :thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the feedback guys, any ideas on what I should cover next, with a similar style and technical level?

(but I don't have the RP200 any more :ball:, I was borrowing it from a friend who has since moved away. so now any covers will sound like my usual not-so-good tone, Bullet -> Boss PW-10 -> crappy 10 watt practise amp...for an idea of what that sounds like, listen to the To Live Is To Die solo on that same page. it's an interesting tone, but hard to get the same signal to noise ratio of a DI from a nice effects unit.. mmmmmm, effects unit....)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Jamezo said:
any ideas on what I should cover next, with a similar style and technical level?
Well, the world is full of great songs to cover, it really depends on your taste what you want to play. I think it's most rewarding when you learn to play a song you really like. And you can learn something from almost any new track.

You used here a Guitar Techniques backing. Maybe it'd be wise to find also the next song from some magazines cover cd so that you get both tabs and backing. As you propably know, there are other magazines with same kinda stuff also.

There are loads of great backing tracks downloadablel from this site, but they won't come with tabs. And if you look for tabs all over the net - well same are great, some rubbish. At least you can usually trust that the printed ones are reasonably accurate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts