Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey there...here's my version of ozzy...i keep dying when it comes to the chorus...i need tips...how do stop the old voicebox from "drying out"...should i hide the mistakes with reverb?...any comments good or bad are welcome..thanks - paul... :icon_peac

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
First Bon...now the Oz! Needs more 'verb on the vocals and (for me anyway) I wouldn't pan it hard right. Rythm is good and intense...would liked to have heard some Zakk like pinch harmonics but thats cos I love them!!!!

Lead work is good...very, very close and has that similar sound to Randy.

Good work man. :icon_thum

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hi there..i did try a version with reverb..it's posted here

http://www.guitars101.com/vb/showthread.php?t=27943

you can thank pod god for the backing track...thanks - paul

p.s. i didn't realize it was panned at all...i don't have computer speakers...i listen to audio through a small marshall guitar amp...i'll have to figure out my recording software... :notme:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Guitar work is nice - your double-tracking on the lead is actually a closer duplicate than the original!

Vocally - it sounds like you're trying too hard on the higher notes and 'pinching' your larynx. 'Think high', as in, try to come DOWN to land on the note rather than pinching tight to go up to it. If you're straining to reach the note, you're not singing properly, and you'll wear yourself out FAST.

You might also try tuning down a half-step. You can hit the notes in standard (you nailed it once - if you can do it once, you can learn to do it every time), but the psychological effect might help you loosen up a bit and be more consistent.

Hope this helps....

MM

....but, this one goes to eleven....

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MauneyM said:
Guitar work is nice - your double-tracking on the lead is actually a closer duplicate than the original!

Vocally - it sounds like you're trying too hard on the higher notes and 'pinching' your larynx. 'Think high', as in, try to come DOWN to land on the note rather than pinching tight to go up to it. If you're straining to reach the note, you're not singing properly, and you'll wear yourself out FAST.

You might also try tuning down a half-step. You can hit the notes in standard (you nailed it once - if you can do it once, you can learn to do it every time), but the psychological effect might help you loosen up a bit and be more consistent.

Hope this helps....

MM

....but, this one goes to eleven....
thanks for the tips...i appreciate it...i'll try them out - paul... :icon_peac

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks man...you're too kind...i think i'll stick to working on bon scott... :icon_peac

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
i don't know but i think ozzy double tracked his voice on that song, that may help. and doubling randy's solo like that is really cool.:icon_peac

1 - 10 of 10 Posts