Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
Your playing is great once again but I can hear you are in trouble with the vocals. The key just ain't fit for your voice.
Hiding out of tune vocals under effects is like hidin the taste of not so good food under the spices: it doesn't make it good, just weird.
Moving the song to another key is out of the question 'cause you have a ready made backing track - and your guitar might also lose the right sound.
I suggest you try how it sounds if you sing an octave lower. I know that it sounds much different than the original, but let's say that it sounds like you.
It's no use to try singing higher than you can get.

· Registered
200 Posts
wahwah said:
I wouldn't say hiding it in reverb but it doesn't sound right dry. Singing it an octave lower will make it sound un Oz.
You're right 'bout sounding un-Oz but you can't always get everything.
Reverb often sounds nicer than dry vocs but it doesn't tune out of tune vocs. Pity, it would make singing a whole lot easier. What I'm trying to say is that if the basic vocal track ain't good, no amount of reverb, other effects or even dancing dwafs makes it sound right.
So using them as a remedy is like climbing to a tree with your arse first (a Finnish saying, don't know if you use it in English speaking countries).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.