Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey there...here's my version of ozzy...i keep dying when it comes to the chorus...i need tips...how do stop the old voicebox from "drying out"...should i hide the mistakes with reverb?...any comments good or bad are welcome..thanks - paul... :icon_peac

i sorta posted it in the wrong section... :notme:

thanks to pod god for the backing track... :thumbup:

Attachments

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the advice...i appreciate it...i guess i have to record the tune myself at a lower tuning and retry it...do you know of any voicebox tricks?...do cough candies or honey drinks coat the throat?...or should i invest in singing lessons?...thanks - paul... :notme:

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey thanks man...i appreciate it...i'll rework the tune...and try to get a hold of a throat spray...i've seen them advertized in the guitar mags...or maybe there's a homemade version somewhere... :icon_thum

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mondola said:
Hi there,

This is a great cover. The guitar work on this is great and the tone on the guitar is really good ! The production levels are great.

You are very brave to attempt the vocals on this one mate, especially as wahwah says, Ozzy is a difficult one to try. I would say that the vocals are too dry for a start. Yes, you struggle with the vocals, but hopefully this won't put you off in future. I'm sure most people would struggle with these vocals !

Keep posting, you just gotta find a song that's in your range and I think you'll be fine !

But don't let this take away from the guitar work. It's great. I have been trying this one myself, and struggle at it. The main verse riff causes me problems with the open A string chugging whilst hitting the sequence of chords. I'll get there, but the time I am 64 though !

So respect to you for nailing the guitars on this one mate !

:thumb:

thanks mondola...i appreciate the feedback... :icon_peac

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.