Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote, arranged and recorded a smooth CD while doing a 3 piece jazz gig on a cruise ship in the Caribbean, titled "Cruisin' with The Diplomats"

We recorded it in my tiny cabin with some world class musicians using; a crappy Laptop running even crappier Windows Millennium, a Yamaha MU80 sound module for drum and keyboard samples, Cakewalk to record, Shure SM58 running though a Neumann U87 microphone modeling software for the big sax sound and Soundforge to master.

It is a saxophone fronted, smooth jazz, instrumental album we flogged for ten bucks on stage and in the ships gift shop. We burned them and printed jackets and labels right in the cabin.

If you are going to do a cruise ship gig, be sure to take a CD with you to sell. Some groups almost double their income. We made an extra $100 or so each a week. Some cruise lines require that you OK it with head office so be sure to send it off for approval months before your contract starts.

Check it out at http://www.thediplomats.ca

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wish I had 1/10th the talent. Crappy equipment or not, I like this. And I generally don't like "Smooth Jazz" only because I worked at a college station that played it all the time. Well done, lads!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts