Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can't seem to get my D-Tuna set right. The website says to tune to D, lock the nut, fine tune to D... then push in the D-Tuna and tune to E, fine tune. I do this and it never works, seems I'm always out by a quarter step:rant:
Always worked great before and I haven't changed anything:dunno:

Anybody know what's goin' on?

·
Registered
342 Posts
You have to fine tune the D-tuna as well.. I dont have my manual here at the office, but there is a small hex wrench you need to tweak the D-tuna with.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Look at number #7.​

I never use the D-tuna, so i just took it off. Makes my life much easier when tunning. Hope this helps.​

--------------------------------------------------------------------------​

1. Loosen the locking topnut screw for the low-E string.​
2. Adjust the D-Tuner to the “D” position by pulling it back (away from the tremolo).​

3. Turn the fine-tuning adjustment screw for the low-E string ounterclockwise until it stops. Then, turn the fine-tuning adjustment screw clockwise approximately one full turn. This will allow proper travel for the D-Tuner.​

4. Using the tuning machine, stretch and retune the low-E string to “D.” Then, tighten the locking topnut screw and fine tune the “D” using the fine-tuning adjustment screw.​

5. Slide the D-Tuner forward (toward the bridge) while applying slight downward pressure. The D-Tuner will now be in the “E” position. The fine-tuning screw will now be positioned on the top, flat surface of the D-Tuner.​

6. Check the tuning of the low-E string.​

7. If the low-E string is out of tune, use the supplied 1.5mm hex wrench to turn the set screw on the D-Tuner clockwise if the pitch is flat, or counterclockwise if the pitch is sharp.

8. Pull the D-Tuner back to the “D” position and check tuning. Push it back to the “E” position, check tuning and readjust the set screw if necessary. 9. Once the set screw on the D-Tuner is correctly adjusted, use only the fine-tuning screw for tuning. (The fine-tuning screw will simultaneously tune both notes in either position.)​

1 - 5 of 5 Posts