Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Dangerous Toys tune popular in the late 80's called "Scared". I didn't have a backing track so its a generic drum track I made. I play all guitars but there is no bass yet but it sounds ok actually. I'm going to buy a bass and finish it.

At the end of the song where it "stops" and there are just Jason's vocals singing "Hey man I think I like being scared....", I spliced in the actual Dangerous Toys ending! I think it sounds cool, whaddaya'll think? :icon_peac

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Ulnarian said:
Lol, wow, haven't heard these guys in ages. Maybe we can combine this with my "Screaming in the Night" cover.
I've always been a huge Toys fan especially being from Texas where thay are from (Austin boys). My 80's cover band played a couple of Toys tunes. What did you think of the cover? I'll put Bass on it later.

I love Krokus too....I 'd like to hear your version of Screaming in the night!:thumb:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
80's Rule!!:bowdown: ..Riffy this was kick ass hun!!!:jam:

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Riff Addict said:
Thanks. Most people remember the radio song "Teasin' Pleasin". Very 80's.
Alright, it's coming back now.........now if I could just go back to the 70's and find those brain cells I'm sure I left back there. :rock:

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
supercharged 350 said:
Dangerous Toys kicked ass back in the day! This is an awesome cover. Care if I take a crack at laying some vocals over it?????? :rock:
You can sing like that? If you want to you can go ahead or wait until I can eventually put some Bass on it. I'd have to cut off the ending where the actual version was spliced in.:D

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Ah yes, a little tribute to Alice Cooper if I remember correctly. Great job Riff! This sounds great:bannana_g I always loved these guys. That whole album kicked ass! What did you use for the drums?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Very cool cover.. wish I remembered it...

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
POD GOD said:
Ah yes, a little tribute to Alice Cooper if I remember correctly. Great job Riff! This sounds great:bannana_g I always loved these guys. That whole album kicked ass! What did you use for the drums?
Thanks guys! POD I just imported some basic drum beats from the Cakewalk drum folder on the CD. It was just a matter of copying certain beats and pasting them as many times as I needed. I also threw in some cymbal crashes where they go. Thats as good as I can do for making drum tracks. I need to put Bass on it soon. I have very little patience for making drum tracks! Playing the guitar parts is work enough for God's sake. I'm glad you're here to make 'em for us.:icon_thum

The drums on the actual song are way more kickass that what I came up with but it got the job done I guess.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Great Job. Love that tune. I hab=ve an MP3 I downloaded from Kazza when it was safe to . Now it will crash your pc.

Hey man I think I like being scared..... and I wish you were all were there,,, man i really really think,,,,,,,,, really think that I think, I like being scared:notme: :icon_peac :icon_thum

or something like that.

I am from Texas too. Good old 80's
Tex

1 - 20 of 22 Posts