Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WELCOME TO DANZILAND!

Those are the three words you hear before your ears are assualted with scortching hot guitar leads, blisttering vocals, pounding rhythms, and "Van Halenesque" vocal harmonies. Danny Danzi comes on strong from track one to the last and bonus track twelve on his cd, "Danziland". Danny, pulling in double duties on lead vox and guitars, is backed by a take no prisoners band that features, Andy Slostad on rhythm/acoustic guitars, Wayne Davis on bass, acoustic guitars and keyboards, Timmay Lloyd on Drums and acoustic guitars, Phil Buckleman on keyboards, and last but not least, Luke DiFillipo whose piano work is featured on the bonus track, "Time Passes By."

Truly a man born to play music, Danny got his first start on an instrument at the age of 4. Since then he has mastered many instruments including, drums, keyboard, piano, trumpet, and of course the human voice. So one should not be suprised that Danny had no problem at all with handling as many duties as he did on "Danziland". Out too prove that you can still write great hard rocking songs, yet still be musical and melodic, he proves his point and then some!

From the opening song, "Danziland" Danny's monster guitar tone reminds you of the days when George Lynch, and Eddie Van Halen ruled ear drums across the world. Danny then takes you on a melodic rollercoaster that stops for no man. Rightfully titled, "Just A Matter Of Time," I concur that it's only a matter of time before musicians around the globe take back what's rightfully theirs. The days of Hoobastank, Snoop Doggy Dog, and DMX can't last forever, and musicans like Danny will step up and recieve their just due.

Clearly an album meant for the musician, I highly reccommend this cd for any person whose eyes read this post. Not only is it right to support a fellow musican, but it's just right to support good music. Alex Van Halen once said, "if a song is good, it's good" and "Danziland" prooves that very fact. Mellow tracks like Let It Go, and Time Passes By, show that it's ok to explore one's softer side. You can't rock out on 11 all the time, and these two songs give you enough time to catch your breath. Other songs like Eternity, Destiny and Only The Strong Survive are the remedy to any lack of real rock and roll one might be suffering during these times.

You can check clips of Danny's music here: http://dannydanzi.com/downloads.htm?

And you can purchase this album at:
www.nehrecords.com

Also, I will be interviewing Danny Danzi for Guitars101.com in the very near future, so be on the lookout for that. And contiune to support real rock and roll people!

~SuckaInA3Piece:afro:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot too add that up top is the song "Fools" off of Danny's cd. It's my personal favorite besides Eternity, and displays both Danny's amazing guitar work, but also his dynamic vocals. I hope you guys dig it, and if ya don't, well that's ok too. We'll still be here tomorrow. :icon_peac

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Good idea Sucka...and sounds great Danny....I just picked one up so hopefully it will be here next week.

There is one on E-bay if funds are scarce and you can wait a few days.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very cool dude, you won't be disappointed in the least with Danziland. Also, Damn Cheetah and Pride Of Lions are two kick ass bands whose music are available thru nehrecords. Check em out. :icon_cool

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Somewhere lost in time is my fav and what makes it better is Danny is a cool guy........ Great thread :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
SuckaIn3Piece said:
Very cool dude, you won't be disappointed in the least with Danziland. Also, Damn Cheetah and Pride Of Lions are two kick ass bands whose music are available thru nehrecords. Check em out. :icon_cool
You already cost me $40 today sucka:lol: This one and Soul Sirkus. I would have just got them both from the WB store, but they want $45+5 for Danziland. Danny you need to investigate this distribution issue....most outlets want $35 or more for your CD....I'm sure it's good, but when record companies do stuff like that....it encourages illegal file sharing and bootleg black market copies:thumbsdow.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
I bought Danziland and it's gotten a lot of play in my home and car! I didn't even know who Danny was prior to his joining the forum but he gained another fan. I think the dude is a phenonmenal musician and I also think he's an alright guy, judging from his posts on this forum. Looking forward to the interview, Sucka. :icon_thum

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VHfanOU812 said:
You already cost me $40 today sucka:lol: This one and Soul Sirkus. I would have just got them both from the WB store, but they want $45+5 for Danziland. Danny you need to investigate this distribution issue....most outlets want $35 or more for your CD....I'm sure it's good, but when record companies do stuff like that....it encourages illegal file sharing and bootleg black market copies:thumbsdow.
Exactly. One of the things Dan and I have talked about thru PMs, and as we all know illegal file sharing and bootleging sucks majorly.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stingx said:
I bought Danziland and it's gotten a lot of play in my home and car! I didn't even know who Danny was prior to his joining the forum but he gained another fan. I think the dude is a phenonmenal musician and I also think he's an alright guy, judging from his posts on this forum. Looking forward to the interview, Sucka. :icon_thum
Same here Sting. Never heard of Danny till I caught him over here. Checked out his clips and I just had to have a copy of DanziLand. Talked to him a few times thru PMs and the guy is just a downright good person. I'm all for supporting real rock and roll, and also the musicians on this board. Anything I can do to help ya know, so that's what this review is for, and what the interview will be about.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sucka, you rule dude thanks so much!!!! I also would like to add that anyone purchasing this cd can get my first CD "Somewhere Lost In Time" for the price of.....sending me the CD jacket insert of DanziLand so I can autograph it for you! I'll return the jacket signed along with a free copy of my first album if you're interested. :)

VHfanOU812: I'm fully aware of that issue and it is due to (supposedly) the release being an import. YET....nehrecords in Colorado is importing it and selling it for $13.99...go figure. It depends who the outlet buys it from, which is why I try to direct everyone to www.nehrecords.com .

In all actuality, we sell the CD's to the stores/distribution for about $7-$8.00. Why they decide to jack it up to $25+ is beyond me. So you see it's not the labels or the artists that are making things rough for the fans....it's the stores man. So please check out neh before you make any purchases...they are a great company and usually ship in 2-4 days without failure.

Thanks for the comments and support everyone, it sure does mean a lot. And don't forget to take me up on the free CD deal if you buy DanziLand. Send me a pm on here and I'll send you my shipping address so you can send me the jacket. :)

Killer review and awesome plugs sucka...thanks bro!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You da man Danny. Now just remember that you owe me an adult beverage the next time I'm in your area. :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
How bout an adult beverage plus an all night jam? Now THAt would rock! ;) You got it man! :icon_thum

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL An all night jam sounds good to me, but my arm would fall off tryin to keep up with yo ass! :jam:

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
I have been meaning to send my cd jacket off to you...caught up in the holidays. I will mail it to you this week. That's too good of an offer to pass up, man! :thumb:

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Well that's a great offer Danny....I'll PM you when I get mine. I actually ordered it from some store in Florida when I searched it on Amazon....only becasue I have an account and it was easier.:thumb:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
axeshredder said:
Great Website Danny.....nice to hear some rockin 80's sounding guitar rock is alive and kickin'...great review too..good luck!
Thanks dude. Now tell me know when your cd will be out in the future so I can do the same for you! :icon_thum

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
OK...just ordered my copy from neh records.They take paypal so, it was quick and painless. :toothless $13.99 + $3.00 shipping. Danny, when I get it I'll be sure and send ya the liner for signing!! 2 for 1 CD's....can't beat that!!!:woot:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Awesome dude! You guys rock man. :icon_thum

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks VH and sg, I appreciate the support. Just let me know when you get it ans send me a PM. Heck, I'll do one better for ya....I'll send you an MP3 of the Japanese bonus track that you WON'T have on the Euro/US version! ;) That goes for you too sucka and stingx! I can email ya an HQ version of the other bonus track. Or if you have a chat progie I can send through there. Let me know. Thanks for everything guys!!!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts