Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOVE this new episode of Boppin' With Beth!! Her "focus beam" artist this week is Dave Edmunds which I'm a HUGE fan of!!! You hear some of his influences: Chuck Berry, Jerry Reed, George Harrison, Carl Perkins and a couple of the many folks he produced: The Fabulous Thunderbirds and The Everly Brothers. And of course Beth Riley tells a lot of his history and spins a couple of his tunes (and a Rockpile track) as well! I do a classic Sonny Burgess song in Rockabilly Rewind and Beth also plays The Carolyn Sills Combo, Mighty Joe Castro and the Gravamen, Chet Atkins and Steve Cropper (with Delbert McClinton)! What a great start to the weekend!! Tune in here:
https://www.mixcloud.com/BethRiley1969/boppin-with-beth-01-08-21-focus-beam-on-dave-edmunds/

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
LOVE this new episode of Boppin' With Beth!! Her "focus beam" artist this week is Dave Edmunds which I'm a HUGE fan of!!! You hear some of his influences: Chuck Berry, Jerry Reed, George Harrison, Carl Perkins and a couple of the many folks he produced: The Fabulous Thunderbirds and The Everly Brothers. And of course, Beth Riley tells a lot of his history and spins a couple of his tunes (and a Rockpile track) as well! I do a classic Sonny Burgess song in Rockabilly Rewind and Beth also plays The Carolyn Sills Combo, Mighty Joe Castro and the Gravamen, Chet Atkins and Steve Cropper (with Delbert McClinton)! What a great start to the weekend!! Tune in here:
https://www.mixcloud.com/BethRiley1969/boppin-with-beth-01-08-21-focus-beam-on-dave-edmunds/
I have a cousin who went through a copy a month when "Tracks on Wax 4" and "Repeat When Necessary" were first released before "Rockpile" came out.

I was fortunate enough to see Edmunds a bunch of times but my favorite show was at a very hot and sweaty 200 person community center at a local school on Long Island after Rockpile had disbanded. Everyone was expecting Brian Setzer to appear and he did, right before what would have been encores and he led the band through a second set of music going late into the night. Billy Bremner was still with Edmunds at the time and I was surprised how many folks knew his song "Loud Music in Cars"

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing the link.

Reactions: RockabillyNBlues
1 - 2 of 2 Posts