Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DB - Adagio in D minor

heres my tribute to Tomaso Albinoni and Yngwie J Malmsteen . Albinoni for writing such a gorgeously beautiful peice of music . and Yngwie for using it how he did on electric guitar in his Icarus Dream Suite track . This is my simple little spin on it . nothing huge or amazing . but i love this melody so so much :D

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I'll wager you are studying zen to get your tones as pure as this :D This is excellent mate. This is the strat again right?

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Goport said:
I'll wager you are studying zen to get your tones as pure as this :D This is excellent mate. This is the strat again right?
yes sir . strat .. i feel like im taming some sort of wild beast lol ... i actually did a strange hiss reduction which resulted in that almost flute like guitar tone ... pretty crazy .. was very pleased with it :) . thanks for all your comments already guys :)

·
Registered
733 Posts
great tone from that strat man. great job. :bannana_g is that the one you were talking about putting the lace sensors in?

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah thats the one dude . although im gonna just plump for some fender noiseless .. i wanna keep strat sound while getting rid of the hum ... and i found a nice set for a good price :) .. few more weeks n i should be able to snap em up :) . thanks for listening

·
Registered
886 Posts
Lovely tune and one of my faves. I love your vibrato.

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this is cool . im pretty chuffed that everybody seems to like my tone on this one . i was almost beggining to worry cause my recorded strat tone kept sounding bad .. i think i fixed it now though :) . glad you like it phil . looking forward to hearing our 4 way collab once mickey gets his new strings haha

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
awesome . another tick for the good tone box eh ? thanks alot mate :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts