Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know i pissed alot of people off last week . so as a result i know alot of you might dismiss this .. and i totally understand and am cool with that . but for those of you who check it out .. i really hope you like it . i wanted to go for something similar to malmsteens Amberdawn . this is what i came up with .. i really did put everything i had into this song so if any of you feel its crap then i guess i must be crap cause this is kinda the best i can do compositionally lol .. but anyway enough talk . hope you like it all who care to listen to my feverish little notes

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
very impressive. I like the way it built and there is some excellent stuff going on towards the end. Good show old chap.

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yay goport . thanks man
. my sister is putting some of my better tunes (had a struggle to find enough good ones) onto a CD for my mum for christmas lol . i made this one especially for that CD and it turned out to be possibly my best peice . im so thrilled with it yay . i might have to make myself a copy of that CD incase my computer suddenly dies lol .. thanks for chekcing it out man
im really pleased you liked it

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
It certainly has a sorta sun coming up thing about it. Would liked to have heard it shorter in the middle and longer at the end (if that makes any sense!). It takes a long time to build and then as you fire up, you end...just my opinion mate. Tone and playing lovely.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
This just bleeds and weeps with emotion DB!!! It seems we do our best work when we are wounded (or pissed off) for sure!! Gorgeous and lush this piece.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I like it...very smooth sounding lead work and the wah works well with the tune. Might sound a bit muffled overall. They ending was great.

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
DB Bud! Number one nice to see you return with such a great post. Number 1 dude you are a great shredder and you controlled it perfectly in this song. Instead of A million Miles a minute you poured feeling into the song instead of just notes. Loved the beginning very smooth and soul gripping. The only bad thing I thought would be the bass levels at a couple of places. DB great job!

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bass ?
lol .. i didn't hear any bass problems you guys . but then again its bound to fluxuate between certain speakers . thanks for listening

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Great feel on this!! The wha is excellent. Great tune!

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks duder
. i was searching through some yngwie tablature and found he already has a song called Golden Dawn .. typical .. the fat bastard HAHA .. oh well .. it doesnt really matter ..

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
I thought the playing was fricken top notch .. i love the main theme or motif so to speak very nicely done .. i think the bass mike was talking about is more like ... clarity is thw word i would use ... things tend to get a bit lost in the mix .. the drums for instance come out really muffled down once everything comes in. maybe a tweek on the eq to bring out a bit more treble or something so that they cut through i think would sound good especially with a big powerful snare liek you have on this track... that's just my opinion though..just minor things!
i thought you playing on this was totally excellent and that's what we realyl listen to

nice expressive wah stuff too !

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmm .. all the levels sound fine to me . i can hear every little thing perfectly ... can only be differences between speakers because it really does sound fine to me . im gonna take it down now though before it slips onto the 2nd page lol . thanks for listening .

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HAHA wow just in time eddie bro . thanks for listening pal

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Yeah what stig said .....I mean it was still badass just muffeld at parts....maybe since I have that whole 5.1 surround sound and like 5 speakers and a subwoofer it muffled some stuff.........who knows......but whatever........Badassness anyways

·
Registered
886 Posts
I liked it too. The main hook of the song is so catchy. You definately have a good ear for melody.

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
can you repost.?? i thought you hated malmsteen. I am glad you stayed bro!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts