Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know i pissed alot of people off last week . so as a result i know alot of you might dismiss this .. and i totally understand and am cool with that . but for those of you who check it out .. i really hope you like it . i wanted to go for something similar to malmsteens Amberdawn . this is what i came up with .. i really did put everything i had into this song so if any of you feel its crap then i guess i must be crap cause this is kinda the best i can do compositionally lol .. but anyway enough talk . hope you like it all who care to listen to my feverish little notes

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
very impressive. I like the way it built and there is some excellent stuff going on towards the end. Good show old chap.

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yay goport . thanks man
. my sister is putting some of my better tunes (had a struggle to find enough good ones) onto a CD for my mum for christmas lol . i made this one especially for that CD and it turned out to be possibly my best peice . im so thrilled with it yay . i might have to make myself a copy of that CD incase my computer suddenly dies lol .. thanks for chekcing it out man
im really pleased you liked it

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
It certainly has a sorta sun coming up thing about it. Would liked to have heard it shorter in the middle and longer at the end (if that makes any sense!). It takes a long time to build and then as you fire up, you end...just my opinion mate. Tone and playing lovely.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I like it...very smooth sounding lead work and the wah works well with the tune. Might sound a bit muffled overall. They ending was great.

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
DB Bud! Number one nice to see you return with such a great post. Number 1 dude you are a great shredder and you controlled it perfectly in this song. Instead of A million Miles a minute you poured feeling into the song instead of just notes. Loved the beginning very smooth and soul gripping. The only bad thing I thought would be the bass levels at a couple of places. DB great job!

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bass ?
lol .. i didn't hear any bass problems you guys . but then again its bound to fluxuate between certain speakers . thanks for listening

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks duder
. i was searching through some yngwie tablature and found he already has a song called Golden Dawn .. typical .. the fat bastard HAHA .. oh well .. it doesnt really matter ..

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
I thought the playing was fricken top notch .. i love the main theme or motif so to speak very nicely done .. i think the bass mike was talking about is more like ... clarity is thw word i would use ... things tend to get a bit lost in the mix .. the drums for instance come out really muffled down once everything comes in. maybe a tweek on the eq to bring out a bit more treble or something so that they cut through i think would sound good especially with a big powerful snare liek you have on this track... that's just my opinion though..just minor things!
i thought you playing on this was totally excellent and that's what we realyl listen to

nice expressive wah stuff too !

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmm .. all the levels sound fine to me . i can hear every little thing perfectly ... can only be differences between speakers because it really does sound fine to me . im gonna take it down now though before it slips onto the 2nd page lol . thanks for listening .

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Yeah what stig said .....I mean it was still badass just muffeld at parts....maybe since I have that whole 5.1 surround sound and like 5 speakers and a subwoofer it muffled some stuff.........who knows......but whatever........Badassness anyways

·
Registered
886 Posts
I liked it too. The main hook of the song is so catchy. You definately have a good ear for melody.

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
can you repost.?? i thought you hated malmsteen. I am glad you stayed bro!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.