Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres something im deeply satisfied with . hope it touches a nerve with at least 1 dude somewhere . would make it all worth while :) . wont say anymore about it . but please enjoy :)

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Very beautiful Danny...Loved it!!!;)

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know this one is only a day old . but ive noticed my last few posts have been retired to page 2 after about a day and have received quite a measely amount of comments .. not to sound arrogant .. but its unusual for me .. i usually get quite a few comments and am overjoyed by them . but the lack of any real comments in my last few posts makes me wonder wether or not ive been somewhat exiled behind my back by the site ?

im asuming a total loss of any sort of respect has taken place since my dumb comment on the christmas thread which might i add i regret tenfold .

maybe its just coincidence but the timing is suspect . i would rather know than continue to feel ignored by the site in general .

i wont jump to this conclusion but its a possibility in my mind ... and i hope it isnt true . the re-emergance of BP seemed to bring out the worse side of me .. the side that i managed to get rid of . i got accepted then he came back and twisted me into that way of being an anal sarcastic prick again . its not who i am and its not what i plan on being .

once more i am truly sorry for the fucking dumb comments i made while he was here and i hope you dont all hate me again . im gonna wait it out a little longer and see how things go . but if i continue to feel like im being exiled then i will just leave .. thats not a threat or anything im just telling you that if you show me im not wanted it wont go unnoticed and i will ablige to your wishes

thanks to all who chekced this out so far though . i truly appreciate it :)

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Very tasteful danny :thumb:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was killa DB, awesoem entry, awesoem job!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
dannyboy said:
i know this one is only a day old . but ive noticed my last few posts have been retired to page 2 after about a day and have received quite a measely amount of comments .. not to sound arrogant .. but its unusual for me .. i usually get quite a few comments and am overjoyed by them . but the lack of any real comments in my last few posts makes me wonder wether or not ive been somewhat exiled behind my back by the site ?

im asuming a total loss of any sort of respect has taken place since my dumb comment on the christmas thread which might i add i regret tenfold .

maybe its just coincidence but the timing is suspect . i would rather know than continue to feel ignored by the site in general .

i wont jump to this conclusion but its a possibility in my mind ... and i hope it isnt true . the re-emergance of BP seemed to bring out the worse side of me .. the side that i managed to get rid of . i got accepted then he came back and twisted me into that way of being an anal sarcastic prick again . its not who i am and its not what i plan on being .

once more i am truly sorry for the fucking dumb comments i made while he was here and i hope you dont all hate me again . im gonna wait it out a little longer and see how things go . but if i continue to feel like im being exiled then i will just leave .. thats not a threat or anything im just telling you that if you show me im not wanted it wont go unnoticed and i will ablige to your wishes

thanks to all who chekced this out so far though . i truly appreciate it :)
This again ?

Are you not getting enough attention... is this the problem ? ... once again you miss the whole point of this site and that's to post your music and have fun not start having a boohoo because you didn't get 2 pages of comments .. ! i mean god damn ! "lack of REAL comments" thanks everyone who commented but i don't really respect your opinions as REAL is what i read from that .. it's a big insult to the people who've alrready commented on this and other tunes of yours ... why say that ?

This whole situation (just like last time) just seems like one big fat cry for attention .. oh i want more people to tell me how awesome i am .... and also to tell me i'm wanted and to stay on the site .

Yes i know your going to reply and say that's not what i mean dude . but it comes through loud and clear in your post.

Now that you've made a comment like this do you really want people to comment on your stuff through pity or because of your guitar playing ?

I find it pretty frustrating because many people on this site myself included on occasion have posted things and they may only get a few comments and pushed back to page 2/3 .. . IT HAPPENS , to everyone not just YOU .

Do i want you to leave the site ? No , .. just pull yourself together and stop thinking everyones out to get you .

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Stiglar said:
This again ?

Are you not getting enough attention... is this the problem ? ... once again you miss the whole point of this site and that's to post your music and have fun not start having a boohoo because you didn't get 2 pages of comments .. ! i mean god damn ! "lack of REAL comments" thanks everyone who commented but i don't really respect your opinions as REAL is what i read from that .. it's a big insult to the people who've alrready commented on this and other tunes of yours ... why say that ?

This whole situation (just like last time) just seems like one big fat cry for attention .. oh i want more people to tell me how awesome i am .... and also to tell me i'm wanted and to stay on the site .

Yes i know your going to reply and say that's not what i mean dude . but it comes through loud and clear in your post.

Now that you've made a comment like this do you really want people to comment on your stuff through pity or because of your guitar playing ?

I find it pretty frustrating because many people on this site myself included on occasion have posted things and they may only get a few comments and pushed back to page 2/3 .. . IT HAPPENS , to everyone not just YOU .

Do i want you to leave the site ? No , .. just pull yourself together and stop thinking everyones out to get you .
If i can add one thing. a little common courtesy goes along way.

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
No need to quote the whole thing. Let me sum it up for you. "No one comments on my stuff like they used to. If you don't like me I'll leave, no problem. Please don't send me to page two. " Whatever, no one's begging you to stay, no one's asking you to leave. We've been through this before. Blame BP if you like, keep banging this drum and people are going to stop listening.

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
I do agree with Stig on this one . Everyones posts get pushed back sometimes .... Thats just how it is . I dont see anyone else whining bout it tho .
Far as I know I havent seen anyone say anything negative to ya Danny . This kinda post is seen only as an attention getter ... I guess you got what ya wanted .

Some people just dont listen much on this site ....or maybe they just dont like a certain kinda music I dunno , but not everyone is gonna listen to your stuff or like it . Just gotta accept facts good or bad . . To see it as something against you is totally absurd . Im sorry but stigs right on this one .

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
no offence here danny but i am sure you will take offence anyways.. but you never comment on anyones tunes other then phils or danzis or mickeys or anyone else that plays like vai..so in all fairness why do you feel you should get loads of comments on yours? you say if you have nothing nice to say you dont comment well maybe alot of us go by that rule.. or maybe its just the fact no one wants to deal with what your gonna attack them with if they do comment.. sorry bro but you bring this all on yourself.. you cant expect to shun thousands of people and expect praises from them

·
Registered
886 Posts
Vibratos getting better. Phrasing is really good. I also likd the piano backing. Did you do that yourself? It has got that Gary Moore chord change like but it is a really cool tune.

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Nice phrasing and understated playing thru 'til the end...like it but I'm wondering if you're trying to get more arpeggio's in while you get into this Yngwie style? Just an observation. Was this the strat? Tone-wise a little fizzy but nice playing and feel for the most part...

The guys have a point...not everyone will listen to your stuff either because of time, they don't bother or comments you've made but, to be honest, out of 8000 people, probably only a 100 or so even know you and I exist...different time zones etc. Don't take it to heart.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
nice phrasing! lots of emotionsssssss!!
sounds great! i love the chord progression
great job!

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
you are all right ... all of you . and yes im paranoid . mostly its to do with the sudden rapid decline in interest of my stuff right after the christmas time comments and the el jalepeno "nobody wants you here" message .

i guess the fact that most of you are "loved" member of the board makes it hard for you to understand why someone with a reputation for being somewhat disliked by a majority gets paranoid .

but fair enough . i'll just shut up and take what comes.

but to all who commented ... the ones who actually commented on the song rather than the ones who got stuff off their chest about me ... i truly appreciate it . so what if i like a bit of attention and to be told im good ? we all like that . you are a fucking liar if you deny it .

and Don .. mainly yes i only check out dudes i like . but i do check out others as well . and comment . go check around if you dont believe me :)

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
should we somehow feel guilty because we are as you put it "loved" members of the board ? you go off on a rant about how no one loves you and then it's OUR fault because we were offended by what you've said in the past ?

"but to all who commented ... the ones who actually commented on the song rather than the ones who got stuff off their chest about me ... i truly appreciate it . so what if i like a bit of attention and to be told im good ? we all like that . you are a fucking liar if you deny it ."

It's one thing to enjoy compliments when you get them ... but to get angry when people don't give you compliments ? that's the part i have a problem with .. it's just plain rude . people got stuff off their chest about you because you opened it up, YOU changed this thread from listening to your song to your status on the board , so i wouldn't be too suprised people decided to comment on that rather than your playing

anyway i'll leave this alone .

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
danny, i went through all the entries this contest and you have commented on about 1, yakamashi. now im not having a go at you, but if you want more comments then im giving you advice on how to get them. go comment on other peoples and youll get them. like, lets say a guy called 'poodle groomer' joined and sttayed for ahwile without saying anything then posteda song, i reckon hed get about 4 replies. just go and coment on others and you will get comments if thats really what you want so badly. oh and another peice of advice, NEVER EVER for godsake, EVER say 'if you want me to leave i will' because its really annoying, and i knwo what your doing, trying to reasure yourself that you are loved. never mind, just live it up and people will love you! have some fun stop being so serious. like this, "hey ej, whats on the next episode of king of the hill?" or this, "hey toastman, dave lee roth called, he wants his personality back." Live it up mate :thumb:

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
k . someone close this its a waste of space now . and i need another long break from this place . the cons are outweighing the pros too much lately and likely it is my fault but its losing its magic for me cause of all the shit i seem to get myself into . i'll come back in a month or something maybe and see how things are then . later all and good luck in contest everyone who entered and is going to enter soon .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts