Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
I am not shitting you, Sling Shot, but this is the last song(Deacon Blues) I listened to on my way home from work today. I've been listening to nothing but the Steely Dan box set to and from work for the last week or so. I also left the following verbiage in SGSTD and 3Finger's thread for Mississippi Queen:
[ QUOTE ]
kc_artist_rocker said:
Been listening to the Steely Dan boxset lately, trying to decide which of their songs would be good to do. I would love to do "Any Major Dude" or my all time favorite Steely Dan song "Kid Charlemagne."

[/ QUOTE ]
So that is really wierd that you posted this tune. But then again, I experience synchronicity quite often on this site.

I liked the tone on this recording. It is dreamy and spacey. I also liked some of the more aggrssive licks you had near the end. Please do more Steely Dan.......Also, would you be so kind as to post this BT so I could jam to it????

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW that is wierd! Seems lately I have been torchering myself with these REALLY hard songs ( A good torcher) I just love Everything that Steely Dan ever did but they have some really wierd jazz chord changes in them. But yes I will post it for ya. And THANKS!

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Sounds like "Mr 335"
I know it's Fenderica, but she has that great woody tone here!! The changes to most Steely Dan tunes are not easy!!! Great job of working through them!! "Drink Scotch Wiskey all night long..." Hey...what's wierd is I also had this song all day in my head!!!! So who has the brainwave monitor and is hacking into the collective unconcious here???? Turn over that gizmo!! Great stuff Sling!!

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Wow, this must be the night of the expanding the man
I own every media released by this band, SS. They are a big favorite of mine. I liked your take and enjoyed listening to it. Very nice

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Thanks guys. OK OK I'm goin to bed and so shutin the brain wave monitor too, till tomorrow!

G

·
Very Very cool. Steely Dan has always been my favorite Jazz/Rock band. They have had some excellent players grace their songs, you being the latest. Good job!

Ive been working on Kid Charlemange for my debut post here. Unfortunatly Ive had NO time, so it may be awhile. Plus, Ive had to re-learn it. Turns out ive been playing a few parts wrong for all these years.

Again, good stuff!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Holy hell yes!!!
Great job man! Love this band. I bought a live dvd a while back that showcases them well. What equipment you use for this sling?

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks !!! equipment ,, pretty simple Fender Strat Steeler , digitech , into a audigy2, edit with cool edit. Then pray someone likes it,

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was outstanding SS, excellent job!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts