Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Legendary Made In Japan Album Was Pulled From Three Nights Of Blistering Performances in 1972. The Band Played Osaka, Japan on
August 15th & 16th. The Band Then Played Tokyo on August 17th.
Well, Here Are Three Shows In Their Entirety. All Performances Are
Blistering Smokin' Red Hot Performances.
All Performances are Presented In Stunning SBD Quality.

August 15th Osaka Japan

http://www.filefactory.com/file/4omftfm161sj/n/Live_in_Japan_CD_1-OSAKA_15th_August_1972.7z

August 16th Osaka, Japan

http://www.filefactory.com/file/6qshhpmhozbx/n/Deep_Purple_1972_8-16_Osaka_CD_2.7z

August 17th Tokyo, Japan

http://www.filefactory.com/file/7chm72nbk50f/n/Deep_Purple_1972_8-17_Tokyo_Japan_CD_3.7z

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe I'm wrong, but this one seems to be an official release (done by EMI some years ago). It was a 3-CD-box. 7 tracks on each disc. Maybe you can clear that...

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Hello, Maybe you're right...but I have this 3 CD box from EMI & the first CD (Osaka)
is also with 7 titles.
I have dwl. you're first Cd & it fit also on 1 CD
I joined the cover so you can compare
Thanks for all the things you share,
André

·
Registered
456 Posts
None of the shows on the 3-CD EMI set Live in Japan are complete, they are missing the following tracks:

Aug 15: Smoke on the water
Aug 16: Black Night & Lucille
Aug 17: The Mule & Black Night

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was looking around and found this, which isn't the official release by EMI:

Deep Purple: Live In Japan Complete.
(Darker Than Blue :: Darker Than Blue 044/045/046/047/048/049)
Recorded Live at Festival Hall + Budokan , Osaka + Tokyo , Japan - August 15, 16 and 17, 1972.
Ex-/VG+ Audience Recordings :: Silver CDs

Disc 1
01. Highway Star
02. Smoke On The Water
03. Child In Time
04. The Mule
05. Strange Kind Of Woman

Disc 2
01. Lazy
02. Space Truckin'
03. Black Night
04. Speed King

Disc 3
01. Highway Star
02. Smoke On The Water
03. Child In Time
04. The Mule

Disc 4
01. Lazy
02. Space Truckin'
03. Black Night
04. Lucille

Disc 5
01. Highway Star
02. Smoke On The Water
03. Child In Time
04. The Mule

Disc 6
01. Lazy
02. Space Truckin'
03. Black Night
04. Speed King

So what we do find here is the official release. You should delete it, soulsurviver5555!!!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
It's the official release.

From Wikipedia:
Live in Japan is a triple live album by English rock group Deep Purple, released on CD in November 1993. The album was recorded over three nights in August 1972 in Japan. It's a "Twenty-first anniversary collectors 3CD set" of Made in Japan. All 21 tracks were mixed in 1993.

The tracks on the album are mostly from their studio album Machine Head, which was released a few months earlier. According to the liner notes, unlike many live albums, there were "No studio overdubs, no splicing in of solos from other shows, and no fake applause." Recorded live 15, 16 and 17 August 1972 in Osaka and Tokyo, Japan.

Full version of this text here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_in_Japan_%28Deep_Purple_album%29

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Funny how suddenly everyone rushes to delete these because they are "official", when I see "official" stuff on this forum all the time that nobody does anything about.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Funny how suddenly everyone rushes to delete these because they are "official", when I see "official" stuff on this forum all the time that nobody does anything about.
I agreed

·
Registered
29 Posts
It might be that my english isn't good enough to understand what's the real point in your words.
As far as I know the rules here are:
-No officially released material
-Buy the official releases to support the artists you like

In that case I'm waiting since decades for the official complete release of the material Deep Purple recorded in Japan in 1972. I bought this 3-CD release LIVE IN JAPAN. And as much as I love to find here officially unreleased shows of that period, I dislike to see shows here that I can buy "officially". It's simply not fair. Maybe I'm much too "romantic"...

·
Registered
456 Posts
I was able to find a download of the three complete shows in their entirety that someone had edited together from the various official releases. It's the only one I listen to.

I guess the material is officially released but it's not just a straight copy of an actual release.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts