Registered
5,264 Posts
This was awesome!!!
Kickass job Coldgin!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow!! Holy shit, this is awesome! Thanks to everyone for the kind comments, they are appreciated. The tone comes from the almighty POD ! LOL The guitar used was a Wolfgang. Anyone who wants to sing, just run with it bro!!

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Man was this awesome!!! Bit low volume, but I have it cranked up to compensate. Great on every aspect!! What a Blackmore feel!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[ QUOTE ]
3fingers said:
Bit low volume, but I have it cranked up to compensate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks 3Fingers! It was a little low on volume. Still getting used to my 8 track man. hehe
Blackmore is the shit!!

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
This was really fun to listen to, GinMan. I recently saw Deep Purple in Concert for the first time (with Thin Lizzy and my idol, Joe Satriani). It was one of the top 3 most impactful concerts I have ever been to. Before going I felt I only knew 2 or 3 DeepPurple songs but realized at the concert how many more I recognized and new ones that I really liked. This was one of them. This recording is what DeepPurple would sound like if they had Eddie Van Halen instead of Steve Morse. Great leads and rhythm playing. Very effective tone too.

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
gr8 job. Perfect strangers.....what a great Cd. And you did a wonderful version of this WTG!!

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Yeah, I gotta tell ya. I was starting to get depressingly discouraged about how poor the sound quality and mixing were at the last 3 or 4 concerts I had been to and was almost starting to think that it was impossible to get good sound with heavier music. Then I saw this show. I had 15th row seats because it was raining and on a Tuesday night so the place was only about 2/5 full, but these guys played with the enthusiasm of playing for a full house crowd. And the mix of the sound totally restored my faith in the possiblity of good sound at live shows for heavier music. Joe Satriani sounded incredible too. I am extremely familiar with most all Joe songs and I could hear most everything quite similar to the mix on his CDs. It was awesome. That Steve Morse is a fine guitar player, and I agree that he is a great match for Deep Purple. I have a couple of his solo albums and they have a DeepPurple feel to them. But he is also a unique bird when it comes to his leads.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Hey man, just listened to this again, cause I was grooving to it today at work. I like that little 2-note vibrato thing you got going on the 2nd or 3rd chord of this progression (the only one where you do the vibrato). ANyway, I am posting this note because I thought your outro lead work on this recording was fantastic. You kind of departed from your Eddie influence and shined with your own style. Nice work.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[ QUOTE ]
kc_artist_rocker said:
I like that little 2-note vibrato thing you got going on the 2nd or 3rd chord of this progression (the only one where you do the vibrato).

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean during the solo? Not sure which part you mean, sorry.
hehe What time does it happen during playback? By the way, I was stationed at Offutt AFB in Omaha back in 1995, are you ready for that winter bro!!?? lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.