Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not one of the Purple songs that ever gets any merit , i always loved it to bits , i know Blackmore hated it . In fact he detested doing the whole bloody album full stop . Fact is , even when he was been awkward and moody , he produced his best tunes . Hope you like it anyway .........

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im still working on this backing track , but you can certainly have what ive done so far , gimmie a day and i will put it on

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Don't know this one at all mate but God, did you get a 70's vibe with those harmonies. Reminded me somewhat of Joe Walsh...not sure why. The drums are amazing and the guitar is superb. All I know is it's bloody well crafted and has made me wanna hear the original. Great stuff mate.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
I vaguely remember this song. You did a killer job here..Vocals and guitar were gr8!!! Really sounded like Blackmore playing!!!
Production was awesome as well, bro!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
bluesplayer said:
Not one of the Purple songs that ever gets any merit , i always loved it to bits , i know Blackmore hated it . In fact he detested doing the whole bloody album full stop . Fact is , even when he was been awkward and moody , he produced his best tunes . Hope you like it anyway .........

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yea! I haven't heard this one in awhile. You nailed the tone down man! Awesome playing too!
I have a live DVD of Deep Purple playing in Birmingham England back in 1993 when they reunited with Blackmore for a tour. Bro, he came out in the first song (Highway Star) and throws a friggin drink at the keyboard player for no reason!!
lol He has is moods thats for sure, but the guy can play no doubt! Great job BP!!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Never heard the song before...but man you really have the sound perfect for this. Like WahWah said, It has that 70's vibe for sure. Excellent

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Damn this was killa, awesome job bluesy!!

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
This is excellent BP!! Vocal harmonies so good, sounds almost like the Moody Blues from the 70's...great guitar work and pro polish!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts