Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we got new stuff...uh in 9v too.
Testing the hopefully last prototype before it is done, delay and dist with my HW-1 stock strat.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
nice delay.... very ambient yet quite dynamic as well. very nice..... and works very well with ur licks as well!. nice!

·
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, was just a quick throw down thing.
It is a hybrid delay, meaning the only thing that is digital is the chip that generates the delay,all the rest is still analouge.
Here is a pic, not quite finished yet, a couple of new fonts and such will be changed, but the layout will stay the same.

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
yes your delay works. very cool tone, and tasteful use of the delay.:icon_thum

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
brilliant Rid. best yet imo! The delay sounds really nice too mate. :thumb:

Would you care to give a breakdown on the way you record because you get such a stunning guitar transfer to audio.

·
Registered
733 Posts
tasty delay and tone rid. do you actually build the pedals...like the electronic tech work?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I liked that guitar tone. Sounded nice and clear. I like the fact that you can hear everything thats going on. I would like a delay like that :afro:

·
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys:)
Would you care to give a breakdown on the way you record because you get such a stunning guitar transfer to audio.
Actually my homerecord gear is rather crude Porty, I use the small amp sim or a Marshall DRP-1 recordpreamp as amps, directly into my POS soundcard :D
I use Nuendo2 software to record with, I keep everything simple and record as loud into the computer as possible without getting digi-clipping, most of the time I do not even add ekstra eq.
tasty delay and tone rid. do you actually build the pedals...like the electronic tech work?
Yep that is my day job:)
And it is most great to have a job like that, only wish that the money was a tiny bit better, but what the hell, I have a good time and does not live a bad life, so I do not complain one bit, besides it is a passion of mine with playing and sounds.
It is one of my fellow workers who made this little baby, love the new box for it:)

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Holy cow Rid, a lot of this sounds dead on to Alex Lifeson(RUSH)'s sound and style post 1995 (particularly the first 4 bars of the lead. Really enjoyed this sound and style of playing. Sounded live, like in an outdoor stadium. Perhaps a bit more 'verb and a bit of subtle crowd noise and you could fool someone into believing it was some live footage (not suggesting that, I'm just saying you could if you wanted 'cause it already sounds live). Great jam. :thumbup:

·
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys.
Yeah I love old Rush, like his slightly different approach on the guitar, allthough I never copied anything but some of his marvelous chords structures.
Hehe yeah now that could be a fun gimmick;) Live feel.. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts