Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From http://www.georgelynch.com/rigs/studiorigs/revolutionstudio.html

AS GEORGE SO MODESTLY STATES, “ I REALLY HAVE NO NEED FOR EFFECTS. I FEEL SORRY FOR SO CALLED GUITAR PLAYERS LIKE JIMI HENDIX AND OTHER POSERS LIKE HIM WHO COULDN’T PLAY THEIR WAY OUT OF A PAPER BAG IF THEY WEREN’T CONSTANTLY STEPPING ON SOME FUZZY BOX. I’M NOT LIKE THAT. I CAN ACTUALY CREATE OR MIMIC THE SOUNDS OF OTHER EFFECTS AND EVEN NATURE BY JUST MANIPULATING THE STRINGS OF THE GUITAR WITH VARIOUS APPENDAGES ON MY BODY. I CONSTANTLY AMAZE MYSELF AS WELL AS OTHERS”.

If he did I hope it was a joke. :shame:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Knowing George's ego, I would not be suprised. I really hope not though because that's just silly. I can't really see George taking a stab at Jimi Hendrix, especially after he just covered him on his latest cd. Ya know, now that I think about it, he might not have really said this.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Well it's on his website so he must approve of it. If it's not a joke....it's 100% BULLSHIT. He uses all kinds of effects (I guess you have to define effects)....I call anything other than a clean amp and a fixed bridge guitar an effect. IMO, whammy bars are effects, distortion, delay, reverb, EQ's, wahs, phasers, flangers, chorus (a GL staple) etc.

This statement just goes to show you don't need to have a high I.Q. to be a rock star.....I mean "Jimi couldn't play his way out of a paper bag"...what a load of SHIT!

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
what a fucking assclown . i never liked lynch anyway . he sailed in on the wave of what every other guitarist in every other band was doing . there are millions who can play 100 times better than him . hes nothing special . i appreciate you guys like his music and the dokken stuff .. but thats how i feel about the dude . hes got a bigger ego than malmsteen . at least malmsteen had the grace to praise Vai ... :)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
On "ask Yngwie" on his website, he says he both likes and dislikes steve vais music. Some of its apparently too weird for him. But he seems to have alot of respect for Stevie

·
Registered
754 Posts
Its ironic,he just released his new "stomp box" on his website for $329.00 and look at the prices of his guitar picks,totally insane!

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
I know what he said before the site was hacked some time ago...trust me that is not what George said....I do wonder why they did not change the site back.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
George didn't say that. I remember reading about this on the GL message board. They were hacked and there's a few places that comments like this were thrown in. It's not hard to tell though cause they're all in capital letters. Still...why haven't they fixed it???

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
They might need to keep it up as evidence for something or rather. The dude has an ego, but c'mon... The whole Hendrix remark is just frickin' insane!

·
Registered
225 Posts
George is actually pretty quiet but does say what's on his mind. I believe the comment in question to be completely ludicrous as any Dokken/Lynch fan that can understand guitar tone will know he's used verb, chorus, delay and flange quite a few times thoughout his albums. I've always respected him for having one of the best guitar tones known to man, but never really liked his somewhat quirky/choppy lead style.

I lost major respect for him when I saw a video of him sitting by a fireplace with his son throwing all his 80's memorabilia "into the fire" lol! As he did this, he bashed everything about the 80's and it really bothered me. If it weren't for the 80's, the fans, the image and all that went with it, George Lynch would still be a nobody. Never forget where you come from guys...hearing stuff like that not only makes you look bad, but it insults the intelligence of the fans that paid for your music. I'm a product of the 80's and proud. Though some of it was cheesy and pretty bad, (as most era's of music have bad seeds) I don't think anyone can deny we've been fortunate enough to hear some of the best rock guitar playing the world will ever know.

Danny Danzi

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Danny Danzi said:
George is actually pretty quiet but does say what's on his mind. I believe the comment in question to be completely ludicrous as any Dokken/Lynch fan that can understand guitar tone will know he's used verb, chorus, delay and flange quite a few times thoughout his albums. I've always respected him for having one of the best guitar tones known to man, but never really liked his somewhat quirky/choppy lead style.

I lost major respect for him when I saw a video of him sitting by a fireplace with his son throwing all his 80's memorabilia "into the fire" lol! As he did this, he bashed everything about the 80's and it really bothered me. If it weren't for the 80's, the fans, the image and all that went with it, George Lynch would still be a nobody. Never forget where you come from guys...hearing stuff like that not only makes you look bad, but it insults the intelligence of the fans that paid for your music. I'm a product of the 80's and proud. Though some of it was cheesy and pretty bad, (as most era's of music have bad seeds) I don't think anyone can deny we've been fortunate enough to hear some of the best rock guitar playing the world will ever know.

Danny Danzi
AMEN! :thumbup:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hey Sucka, I see you're in North philly...remember a club called the velvet lounge...changed to club wylde? I used to play there once a month with a Van Halen tribute band called "Skeleton Crew". Ever see any of our shows? Just curious if we may know each other....of course I was the lil dude that looked like EVH. LOL!

Danny Danzi

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
I never knew that you were in Skeleton Crew. I know the Wylde brothers pretty well and spent some time there, although I spent more time at their studio, and still do. That's crazy, I forgot all about that.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hahaha yeah man I loved that place. The Wylde brothers were killer dudes. I haven't talked to them since 95-96 I think. Good times at ole Club Wylde. :)

Danny Danzi

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Mab . heres what malmsteen said in an online chat when asked about satriani.

Question (Satch444): YNGWIE....HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT SATRIANI?
YJMPlayLoud: He is very good at what he does. He is quite lucky too, for sailing in on the wave of Vai's style and all that. I don't feel he has established a new standard like my friend Steve Vai. Steve is very unique, but I find Satriani a bit bland honestly.

Question (More): Uhhh.... Satriani taught Vai, didn't he?
YJMPlayLoud: Satriani was Steve's teacher, but it would seem in this case that the student surpassed the teacher.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts