5,264 Posts
Um where did you get this from Mickey cause this is news to me too
On the song credits it says Jagger/Richards

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
mickey_g107 said:
Did you know that beatles wrote most of The Rolling Stones songs?? anyone got a list of the songs they wrote? i only know satisfaction and jumping jack flash, and i think paint it black. but theres a shit load more

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody knows that all the good songs the Rolling Stones had were stolen from American Blues artists. Don't make a ridiculous statement like the Beatles wrote MOST of their songs without something to back it up. They may have helped here and there but MOST is a bold statement and as far as I know, completely untrue. I'd like to see where you read this and be enlightened.

G

·
van dog's got a pretty short fuse it seems.
its also a pretty bold statement to say that EVERYBODY knows that their songs were stolen by american blues artists.
sure, maybe you know that because it sounds like you know everything.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
I don't think that's right mick mate , i haven't heard anythign bout that before ..

back in the day all the bands like that covered old blues artists .. it's a pretty widely spread fact ... cause of the strong racism back then in the 50's people like little richard would release tunes and people like pat boone would cover them sometimes weeks after he'd released them and outsell him 2:1 .. because mums and dads didn't want their children listening to black music ! .. sorry i just got a bit off topic there lol .. but yeah bertasauras it's a pretty well stated fact that many blues bands of that day covered american blues artists .

just my little story there !

G

·
i never doubted the blues fact.
i also never heard about the beatles writing stones songs, so i think due to my boredness ill do some research and get back to you all

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have been a massive Stones fan since the early seventies. I own dozens of books. Dozens of boots and all the albums. I know that the Beatles did write one song for the Stones on the first album. One, not all, and even the one was written for Beatles album and they gave it to the Stones for a possible hit. I canr't remember the song off the top of my head, but hey one song is not by far the hundreds that the Stones have written.

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
bertasauras said:
van dog's got a pretty short fuse it seems.
its also a pretty bold statement to say that EVERYBODY knows that their songs were stolen by american blues artists.
sure, maybe you know that because it sounds like you know everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know everything, but I know enough to keep my mouth shut if I don't know what I'm talking about, or pose something as a question as opposed to a statement. Example: Hey, my friend told me that a Bertasaurus was a dinosaur indigenous to New Zealand that only ate plankton, sea turtles and used guitar strings? Is this true?

Question, not statement.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok Vanman, i sick of this, you never have anything good to say, even if someone won an award you would still find some way to to pharse it in a prick way. You could have come in here and instead of jumping straight in and acting all high and mighty like you always do, you could have said what everyone else said "oh i haven't heard that before." You start talking to me about keping my mouth shut if i don't know what im talking about, or telling me to present evidence. Wheres yours? you come here act like god and then say that im wrong give bertasauraus a lesson on english and be on your way to find your next victom. I know who you were, we have them at school now, the kids that everyone picked on in school and now your out and your going to make your big stance on society. Don't come preaching unless your going to practise your words, don't tell me im wrong unless you have evidence to back it up because i will find evidence, and when i do im going to laugh my arse off at you!
never tell me or anyone else to keep their mouths shut for no reason becuase everyones point is valid not just yours, God!
untill next time, go to hell!

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
hey mickey i would appreciate it if you would keep that kinda stuff confined to the chatroom or through a sent message...i know and understand people have different views and things get heated at times but i am asking you nicely to make any personal attacks elsewhere other then in my forum.. consider this a warning... i dont have any problems with you but i wont let this go on in this forum.. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts