Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, for some reason the previous post I did for this didn't came up so i'll post it again. What do you guys think of Digitech pedals? Im thinking of getting a multifx pedal but I thought I'd ask you guys for opinions first.

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
ive been using a digitech Rp100 for about 2 years nbow . and know exactly how to squeeze the best out of it . so if you got one i could help you out .. but i surgest looking through the entire range .. they are all great products

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
sure do man . there will be level discrepencies though . but you can always adjust volume accordingly .

pickup type - off - off - off
wah type - off - off - off
wah position - off - off - off
compressor type - off - off - off
" amount - off - off - off
" gain - off - off - off
Amp gain - 50
amp level - 99
Amp model - rectified (rE)
Bass - -8 Middle - -6 treble - -2
cabinet/mic - off
gate type - ng
gate threshold - 10
effect amount - 99
effect level - 1
effect type - chorus (CH)
delay type - off
delay time - off
delay feedback - off
reverb type - arena (Ar)
reverb Decay - 20
reverb level - 30

phew ... this will be kinda quiet .. so turn it up a lil louder than the last patch i gave ya lol

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Awesome, its so hard to find good patches for the RP100. That patch library they have over at the Digitech site is a joke, you've got to wade through about 20 crappy patches just to find one "kind of" good one. Well, except for the organ patch they have over there which just rules. Im still looking for a decent sitar patch MMmm.

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
actually that one i just gave you is an edited version of the tremonticrunch patch in those very same patch libraries haha .. all the sitar ones suck man ... just buy a sitar HAHA

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
i have a digitech wammy pedal that kicks butt,, and i just got a digitech genesis 1 that rocks,, so i can imagine all their other stuff beeing even better.

G

·
I have a GNX4 and love it. smartmedia cards are becoming obosolete(spelling check). Can't record on the gnx3 without a sdpf.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a RP100 and have just figured out how to make new patches for it. There's a ton online but no one place to download a comprehensive list. Great pedal.

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
let me know if you want some awesome Rp100 patches man thats the pedal i use

·
Registered
385 Posts
I still have the old 2101, gives a good sound, but i think i need to upgrade to the GNX. Heard some good tones hear with ppl using it

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a GnX3 and love it. You can down load presets from at Digitech website. These pedals have almost anything you can think of and more. I am just getting in to recording with it (direct into my computer, not w/ smart cards) with cakewalk and i'm happy with the results so far. Check out the two songs I posted in the mp3 originals in October "1st song" & "floating".
As for gigging with it it has not failed me yet. The other guitar player in my band plays through a Mesa-Boogie with a floor full of stomp boxes and has good tone, BUT half the time he is bent over adjustiong his 40 knobs in front of him and he is NEVER constant. I just go from patch to patch no with problems.

·
Banned
488 Posts
Ive never used a Digitech before, but from what I hear they sound like they make really good products.

·
Registered
225 Posts
the rock said:
I still have the old 2101, gives a good sound, but i think i need to upgrade to the GNX. Heard some good tones hear with ppl using it
Ah, I have quite a few of those 2101's myself. Great pieces rock, but only if you know how to create custom algorhythms and have the latest firmware (3.0) and the extra S-DISC. The presets are pretty bad I think, and basically showcase the unit's effect capabilities. It doesn't get insane until you create your own from the ground up. To this day....and I've tried just about every pre amp known to man....I consider the 2101 to be the most powerful pre-amp ever created, and there hasn't been a tone I've not been able to get from it.

The problem with it is it has way too many options and tweaks for most people. They don't want to spend years creating their tone, and hope to take an easier route. The greatest tones known to man were not created super quick. As a matter of fact, I have over 12 years of patches for my 2101's. I make a new floppy disc every year and do a complete system dump. It's amazing how much we can change in a years time tone wise I tell ya.

Don't give up on it just yet. If there's anything I can do to help you get the most out of that unit, let me know. :)

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
well said Danzi bro . its taken me 2 years of fiddling and tweaking to get a tone that i can fully enjoy playing guitar with . but yet im still always tweaking . trying to get the very best out of what i have .. thats what you have to do really .. familiarize yourself with your gear and learn to get the very best from it . utilize every aspect of iut to its fullest and you will be surprised what can give ya a good tone :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts