Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Ordered a Dimarzio Fred.....should be here late next week.
I'm a fiend for the PAF Pro, for years actually, but never thought to give the Fred a try until Dimarzio Tech.s advised me to try it if I want to retain the clarity of the PAF Pro but with more mids.

When the boy becomes a man and stops whining 'bout the little things.

Your Thoughts and experience are welcome!

FormulaET

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
When does the padawan become the master and stops whining?

FormulaET

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I just went through the Seymour Duncan audio clips of their PAF's and really liked the Pearly Gates! Is that the tone you were looking for? Hey, I have this old Super 70's pup and for some reason I put the chrome cover back on the thing and wow! what was once shrill and thin is now warm and full. It seems like over the last 30 years people having been ripping those covers off with a vengeance, now I ask, WHY!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Strat78 Great to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've not encountered the Pearly Gates. Amazing how we mature and dig things we didn't then ie....pup covers.

I tell you, it's been one of those dayz.....While dining with my wife I told her of my dilema. She laughed and said she'd like to hear it.

Talk about going through some pain to change...I realized when I got the Fred I just biked 7 miles and ran 3miles...I'm usually in need of recovery. When I tried Fred I was not in a good spiritual place. I was hungry and tired.

Do You know what I mean?

I'm pumped after several cold glasses of Ice Tea (Splenda, please) and a nice hot meal, changed pups and Whoaaaaaa!!!!!!!! My picking hand came to life and this pup screams baaabbbbyyyy!!!
The trade off is less trebley response but nice mids and gain. This could be pivotal for my sound!!

I'm such a M-a-n!!! Meaning I still react self-centered and judgemental to change.

This pup has a nice trebly grind that reminds me of, well Fred Norton!!!

Peace brutha, glad you posted!!!

Who by the way made the Super 70, was that Ibanez? No I'm thinking the Super 80 or something as such.

Where's your Allan Shot? I loved that Avatar.

Over-n-Out

FormulaET:bannana_g

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
i have a dimarzio fred pickup in the bridge position on my guitar and it is really very clear. good heavy distortion, but cleans up very well and has nice mids and highs. heavy riffs are choppy and very clear, while the sustain is still good...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts