Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first attempt at doing everything so please forgive the mistakes.

I wrote the lyrics and rhythm a few years ago. After I recorded those, I added a little guitar accent and some back vocals and this is the result. I think it needs some lead guitar, especially in the break, but... I'm just a little folker who has no clue on leads.

I hope you enjoy!

Janell

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
I KNEW you could do it!!!!!!!

OMFG! I can't believe...ye've finally busted out and done something all by yerself! Very impressive voices and HARMONY too!!!! YAY, Janell! you GO girlfriend!

:rock:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey, good work. I like doing this sort of thing alot, myself. I love the backing vocals. Have you concidered putting some hand drums into the mix? I think some simple hand drums would greatly enhance the song's effectiveness.

And one final thought is the melody guitar could come in and out a little more, rather than just keep going. That's my only "complaint" is that it just seems like a doodling guitar cause it just keeps going. Maybe keep it going during verses, and have it down a bit. Then record a slightly different EQed guitar set to a different pan or something for the verse melody work.

Nice job!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Dave!! Thanks for the kind words hun!!

Neeto said:
Have you concidered putting some hand drums into the mix? I think some simple hand drums would greatly enhance the song's effectiveness.

And one final thought is the melody guitar could come in and out a little more, rather than just keep going. That's my only "complaint" is that it just seems like a doodling guitar cause it just keeps going. Maybe keep it going during verses, and have it down a bit. Then record a slightly different EQed guitar set to a different pan or something for the verse melody work.

Nice job!
Yeah, I kinda thought it needed something else too. I might get my brother to drum me a track. And I was thinking a lead guitar to kinda break the monotony. I am definately not into the "technical" side of recording. Um... now I have to go study what EQed and pan is... hehehe... :ball: hehehe... Thanks for the tips. I really appreciate all input!!

Janell

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
This is really good stuff, Janell!!!:woot: You have a gr8 voice and exlnt song writing talent. Btw....I took the liberty of working up a solo for the middle part. :icon_roll If you'd like to hear it I can email it to ya.:toothless

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sgstd said:
Btw....I took the liberty of working up a solo for the middle part. :icon_roll If you'd like to hear it I can email it to ya.:toothless
Hiya sgstd... that would be great! I can't wait to hear it! E-mail is [email protected]. Thank you!!

Hey Pick... thank you! I really appreciate you listening! I don't know.. I really think it does need something that I am just not hearing. I can't wait to hear what sg put to it!

·
Yeah, so what?
1,562 Posts
pickdust679 said:
hi there lace ,, great song , i thought it sounded great without a solo ,
Same here, it sounded great, and IMHO these kind of songs don´t ask for a solo. Second guitar seemed to act as a mandolin, I would just lay it back a little behind the main guitar volumewise, other than that its perfect. :jot: :thumb:

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
you have the perfect voice for the kind of music you play.. you have an excellent sense of song writing.. this was a superb tune all the way around.. great job:bannana_g

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you Bleeding Pinky, Kain, and guitarwizard for listening and for all your kind words. I really appreciate them coming from such incredible talent.

I tell you what... sgstd put an awesome solo to it. I'mma talk to him about sharing it.

Janell

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey ash!!

Thank you so much! Are you the same ashilan from Mare's? Me thinks you are... I really appreciate your opinion cause I KNOW you rock!!

Janell

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Hey Lace, great job, it sounds very nice, you do this style very well. And this is coming from a guy originally from Portland, OR, where you can almost find a folkie under every rock.

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
Great job here lace ! So glad ya started coming here cuz I never had the pleasure of listening to ya in pal . Its great to finally hear ya !:icon_thum Mix sounds fine to me but a solo from sg would just top it off !

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Rythameen and Sister Wrath! Thank you for taking the time to listen. I really value your opinions!!

zeppy said:
Great job here lace ! So glad ya started coming here cuz I never had the pleasure of listening to ya in pal . Its great to finally hear ya !:icon_thum Mix sounds fine to me but a solo from sg would just top it off !
Hey zeppy!!

Thanks... I'm glad to be here too. I am hopefully going to try to attach the sgstd solo version so all yall can hear it but I'm not sure I am going to have enough space to do it. I had to delete A Space In Time to get this one posted. Here's hoping!!!

Janell

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
Good work, and i thought the mix was fine!!:mix:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts