Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one's finally done....and considering none of you were in the same room when recording it.....it's pretty damn good. A big thanks to VanMan for taking the lead on this one.

The participants are:

Van Man
Rain
GoPort
Sweeps
Linda
Bluesplayer

I hope I did not leave anyone out, but these are all the tracks I found on my e-mail.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Not bad considering different rooms, mics, etc. Any advice for future Vocal takes? Like not load enough, to much room sound ???????? My voice sounds dark and muffled compared to the rest of the group. I had run it thru an ART Tube pre and maybe that wasnt a good idea.:(

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
hey this is not half bad! Even my Sting impression sounds passable :D

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was aweosme!!!!! Killa job by all of you this was great and great job on the mix VHfan!! :thumb: :thumb: :santa: :santa:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Great job guys..Enjoyed it alot..

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was a real challenge to put this one together......completely different rooms, mics, recording levels...etc. I had to run some through a noise gate due to background hum and compress many of the others becasue the levels were buried.

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
this sopunded rteally dam good wtg all of you!:thumb: and wtg vhfan for doina great job in m ixin this! sounds really good bro!:thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
aye well done vhfan!

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Hey, this sounds damn good ! It seems I was the one to miss out by not getting my arse is gear and sending the vocal's of myself and my wife off to VHFan !

:wutblau:

Sorry about that, I would have loved to have been in on this one with you. It sounds great ! Awesome job, VHFan, considering the technical differences you already described !!!

Hats off to you all ! Never ceases to amaze me that we can actually achieve things like this !

:icon_thum

The internet, eh ?

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
I think it's pretty freaking good!! Must have been a hell of a mixing chore VH and I am not sure anyone but yourself could have put it together, but great job everyone on this!! Loved hearing all of you! :santa:

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
lmfao you guys im not gonna kiss ass on this one . im sorry but all i did was laugh my god damn ass off for the duration of the song . but i admire you all for giving it a good go and its all in the spirit of the season so good for you guys n girls . i thank you for giving me the gift of laughter this christmas .. but hey .. its better than dizzie fucking rascal rapping the lyrics in that fucking dumb london rap style AHAHAHAH .... please dont take offense . you have to admit this is more funny than anything else :lol: .. you can all sing though ... just impossible to line it all up right considering how you did it ahahahahahahah

·
Registered
410 Posts
This is great that you all got together to bring X'mas spirit into this forum. IMO, you all did an outstanding job. Happy Holidays everyone!

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
dannyboy said:
lmfao you guys im not gonna kiss ass on this one . im sorry but all i did was laugh my god damn ass off for the duration of the song . but i admire you all for giving it a good go and its all in the spirit of the season so good for you guys n girls . i thank you for giving me the gift of laughter this christmas .. but hey .. its better than dizzie fucking rascal rapping the lyrics in that fucking dumb london rap style AHAHAHAH .... please dont take offense . you have to admit this is more funny than anything else :lol: .. you can all sing though ... just impossible to line it all up right considering how you did it ahahahahahahah
No matter what your intentions were, as a participant in this song, I find these comments offensive. "please dont take offense" This does not make the other comments go away. If you don't like it, or you think it's that fucking funny, keep it to yourself.

Taking into account the spirit in which people did this and the hard work that was involved, I was proud to be involved. VHFan had a hell of a time mixing and making parts match up and he did a fantastic job, above and beyond the call of duty. As for all the singers, my hat is off to them as well, this was great fun and I hope we get to do it again.

As for the forementioned post, I hope this doesn't discourage people from trying to get better and posting their music. Dannyboy? :thumbsdow

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
I gotta agree with vanman here ..

it's not cool to laugh at something someone or alot of people have put alot of effort into .. and it's for christmas ! if you don't like it fine but don't post bullcrap like that it doesn't help anybody and this is what the sites about ... especially singing can make a person feel very self concious especially if it's not something they do often ... what if someone had laughed at your guitar playing or singing you'd be the first one to have a cry. just have some courtesy mate . i feel like every second post i make is to tell you to stop being nasty or untactful to other members.. . i don't like to make war with people .. i just find stuff like that very offensive considering the time of year and spirit that's running through this site .

please be more careful

I just hope no one takes this to heart and you guys keep belting out the tunes we need more singers around the site :thumb:

Stig

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.