Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have only finished the rhythm guitars...still working on a solo that would do Mr. Scary justice...and still need to add the verse and chorus fills. Let me know what you think about the tone and accuracy. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should have heard it before I switched to a more tame Reverb effect after production...the low end was making it clip a ton...so I changed the reverb and it seemed to get back in line...but it does have a lot of low end...a lot of that I think has to do with the rhythm guitar being doubled and one panned 50% left, the other 50% right. Thanks for listening!:)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I know what you mean about doubling the track. It took me a while to realize I couldn't record my extra fat sounding "live" guitar tone (espescially in a 1 guitar band) start doubling tracks and not expect it to mud up. It took some trial and error. Between doubling tracks and mixing in bass guitar things can get muddy quick.

It does sound good though, nice performance for sure. :icon_peac

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Riff Addict, I found your cover...good stuff...tone was right on and the solo was done pretty well! Doubt I will get close to the solo, but I'm going to try:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
350, I never thought to do this when doubling a track, but a buddy at Guitar War showed me this....I copied the rhythm track and pasted it into a new track...so now I have the rhythm doubled. But here's the interesting thing...in Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro 3.0, I didn't just line up the 2 rhythm tracks..he had me move the doubled part one pixel to the right on the timeline...made the tone that much more huge...then instead of panning hard left and hard right, he had me pan 50% left and 50% right. Anyways, I thought it was a neat idea to not line up the 2 tracks exactly the same...just moving it one pixel on the time bar added a ton to the sound, and there was no noticable hesitation.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sounds great!
I have been looking for a backing track for "it's not love" so I could make an attempt at it, but I haven't found one yet. Always great to hear dokken covers. I think George Lynch is way underrated as a guitarist. Can't wait to hear the whole thing....

Amra

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all! In my limited abilities, I don't personally think I could have done any better on it...now, on to the hard stuff!:(

*repeats "Solo like Lynch, must solo like Lynch!"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts