Votes: 3 23.1%
  • verga

Votes: 10 76.9%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
verga, that was smokin' :) Great job, I really gotta get myself one of those whammy pedals (that is what that was, correct?). :thumb:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Holy sh1t!! Somehow, even if i sh1ted myself when i heard your song i wasnt impressed at all.... i tought i was listening to Vai itself and i know you are an exellent performer of his music!! :toothless Your backing track is wonderfull man. As always your tone, control, playing is 100% the reflection of a pro player. Congratulations.... and yea, i think luck should be an important factor on this battle...at least for me :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
both very good takes. awsome work guys. i just cant vote on this one as they are both equaly very very good. touching tounges is in my 3 top vai tunes. but i think to vote on my fav song is not fair because the animal was played just as well, the main ripping section is not on the animal. but im guessing this is down to vai,s naked vamps backing tracks as they are rarley complete. verga ive never been able to work out the delayed chours of touching tounges. is it possable you could post me the chrous without the delay? well done guys

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
chrisguitargod said:
verga ive never been able to work out the delayed chours of touching tounges. is it possable you could post me the chrous without the delay?
I have the original recordings on my work and i think i have a big section of the whammy part recorded before the recording. Is not that hard if you practice it slowly without the delay and without the whammy pedal. Then add the delay without the whammy, learn it perfectly. The last notes of each scales should NOT be played with the same acentuation as the first notes. Then learn the scale with the whammy but without delay perfectly. Finally add both pedals and rock on!! I will upload some mp3 of it soon for you. I hope that helps Chris.

·
Registered
575 Posts
verga said:
I have the original recordings on my work and i think i have a big section of the whammy part recorded before the recording. Is not that hard if you practice it slowly without the delay and without the whammy pedal. Then add the delay without the whammy, learn it perfectly. The last notes of each scales should NOT be played with the same acentuation as the first notes. Then learn the scale with the whammy but without delay perfectly. Finally add both pedals and rock on!! I will upload some mp3 of it soon for you. I hope that helps Chris.
thanx very much verga i will appreciate that a lot.:thumb:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
chrisguitargod said:
...the main ripping section is not on the animal. but im guessing this is down to vai,s naked vamps backing tracks as they are rarley complete.
yeah, it's the naked vamps backing. I really wish they were all complete too! Thanks for your comments :)
-dc

·
Registered
183 Posts
Great show guys :shock:

You're both so light handed,seems a piece of cake for you two to play like this.

verga amazes me with that accuracy and control,and his cover was somehow more complex than DrCode's which was great with those nice little details somewhere in betwen.

Voted for verga but this was an amaizing dispaly of talent from both! :rock:

·
What ya Lookin Fer?
1,568 Posts
Sheesh

Crap, I can't vote on these. :dunno: :wutblau: I like them both equally well! Man you guys made this difficult LOL! Damn great work, both of you. :toothless

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
awesome stuff guys ,

the animal is one of my favourite vai songs nad you did a great job dr code .. especially the "fusionish" breakdown in the middle .. really fantastic !

verga what can i say just simply fantastic ! ... will have another listen to both and vote accordingly !

·
Registered
127 Posts
DrCode: That was exellent!!! You really play those Steve songs efortlessly, and your tone was closer to the actuall one in the song. Awesome work!

Verga: I dont know what to say. That was one of the most abosolutly incredible covers i ever heard!!!!!!!!! i swear it!!!! Am i the only one who thinks this guy should release an album? Verga for Favored Nations!!

This is for you guys :bowdown: Verga had my vote

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Wow. Crazy stuff you two. I've actually heard DrCode's the animal before, and it's so close to the original!
Verga's tune was probably really close too. Havent heard the original, but it sounds just like vai playing.

When do we get to hear you guys doing Bad Horsie!??!? :toothless

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Ok I went for Verga. Although this was the hardest one yet for me to vote on. DrCode - your vai cover is amazing and I can find very little to fault (if at all). Verga yours was so good I am frankly stunned. especially the pitchshifting.

Both were great.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
wow battle of the gods!

agree with the other guys comments, awsome stuff
DrCode - awsome version, liked the slightly heavier section than the original, cool :)
Verga - awsome as good as mr vai himself, you can hear Joes influences in this track, just incredible when the main part kicks in

guys your not makin voting easy lol ;)
went with Verga on this one due to not many covering this track and the awsome playin, both tracks were simply awsome, the only winners here are the listeners ;)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lol, gettin' my ass handed to me on this one :) I can't disagree though, verga, you did a spectacular job :thumb:

Thanks for listening everyone!
-dc

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Thanks everybody! :) If this were the Vai knockdown contest i think this probably should be the final battle. DrAwesome, you didnt deserve to loose on this battle. Your cover is in a pro level not many guitarist around could achieve. Thank you for sharing this incredible rendition of one of the hardest Vai songs. Lets battle again soon :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Uhhh...wow?

DrCode - I can't believe how true your playing is on The Animal. Your feel is amazing! You were right there the whole time!! Holy $%^&#*

Verga - I am stunned by your tour de force solo work! You two, ARE GOOD.

SB

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I stand by my vote on this but I have to be honest and say that this should have been a lot closer. This is 2 of the best covers I have heard here. Dr Code - I am still stunned by your cover and the seemingly effortless ease of playing. I posted on a previous battle where someone else had the misfortune to go against Verga, saying they were unlucky to be battling him, but I really felt you held your own. you weren't outclassed at all. it was so close to call on this one I can believe the gap in the votes.

Slob nailed it when he said "the only winners here are the listeners" that really is true. Both of you are at such a high standard that I am totally in awe.

So may I respectfully suggest that you two do an original collab? I really believe that is something where everybody would win. You two have similar styles and I believe that you could really produce amazing results. Original or cover. Please think about it :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts