Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
well im listening to this and it really is the dogs bollocks , very complex , how do remember all the bits ? , kick ass tone , hell its getting even better , brain blowing stuff this is . How do you write this stuff . i think you deserve a bloody medal for doing this ! Great post mate , im impressed :bannana_g

·
Registered
127 Posts
That was good. You know the song thats a great start, but i think there are some big mistakes all around specially on the last solo, it was very sloppy. Also the tone was a bit harsh and noisy. I know its a hard song so i give you an honest 7.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Hey man! Is sooo glad to see more progheads around :thumbup: I think the same as GROS, you need to practice a little more in some spots. The final solo is already there but you need to be more carefull on the timing. Practice the solo a bit slower (10 bpm slower?). I dont really liked your tone at all, btw what kind of gear you were using for that dist? Check out the GROS cover of the same song. Keep up the prog power bro:icon_thum

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Agreed with the other guys great great effort though. I think the thing that bugged me was the timing issues (easily correctable)!!! I liked the tone personally though! Keep practicing dude

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
verga said:
Hey man! Is sooo glad to see more progheads around :thumbup: I think the same as GROS, you need to practice a little more in some spots. The final solo is already there but you need to be more carefull on the timing. Practice the solo a bit slower (10 bpm slower?). I dont really liked your tone at all, btw what kind of gear you were using for that dist? Check out the GROS cover of the same song. Keep up the prog power bro:icon_thum
Hey thanks for listening in verga.... yea i definitely still need a lot more practice this song is considered as pretty damn difficult according to my standards man and i know what i played is still way off.... :lol: hm tone wise I'm using a self assembled guitar (check out my signature) that cost me about 50 usd (i use old and disposed parts for it lol) and an antique zoom 505 run into my cpu direct so i guess there ain't much i can do about it (sorry i obviously aint too well to do lol)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GROS said:
That was good. You know the song thats a great start, but i think there are some big mistakes all around specially on the last solo, it was very sloppy. Also the tone was a bit harsh and noisy. I know its a hard song so i give you an honest 7.
The last solo is a bitch to nail.... i still have a long way to go... thanks for the 7 lol, i'd only give myself 5 :toothless

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
verga said:
Check out the GROS cover of the same song. Keep up the prog power bro:icon_thum
OMG I just heard GROS version of it and i regretted putting mine up lol :icon_redf . How about the 3 of us attempting another dt together, if you guys dun mind my playing?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
EvilGtr said:
OMG I just heard GROS version of it and i regretted putting mine up lol :icon_redf . How about the 3 of us attempting another dt together, if you guys dun mind my playing?
Damn yea, GROS is amazing bro. He have such an awesome huge tone. Anytime you like well do a DT cover if you want. Im working on a Liquid Tension Experiment song ill upload later when i finish it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
verga said:
Damn yea, GROS is amazing bro. He have such an awesome huge tone. Anytime you like well do a DT cover if you want. Im working on a Liquid Tension Experiment song ill upload later when i finish it.
oh hell yea, i'm looking forward to listening it.... think i'll do "take the time"... interested? we'll play the guit for the keyboards part instead what say ya guys?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts