Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for buying a cool drum machine, that has :
1) lots of memory
2) many (very cool sounding drum and bass Patches)
3) would be good for gigging as well as recording.

Any suggestions would be cool, just not sure what to check out. :icon_cool

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have only experience from Zoom RT-123 machine and I strongly advice to keep distance to that thing. The sounds were ok and so were many of the patches.
But: There were no fills, just straight beat. You can program fills and anything you want, but programming this machine was pure nightmare - and the awful manual didn't make it any easier.
Glad I managed to sell that bastard.
I've also once had an awful Zoom 505 multieffect, but from now on I won't buy anything with word "Zoom" on it - unless it is a camera.

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
years ago i hsd a zoom 2020 , it really sounded good , the overdrives where very useable .

·
Registered
515 Posts
bluesplayer said:
years ago i hsd a zoom 2020 , it really sounded good , the overdrives where very useable .
Funny you say that. I also had a Zoom 2020... and I loved the thing, everything EXCEPT the distortion/overdrives... :grin:

I've been tempted to buy another one lately, you can sometimes see them on eBay, very cheap... but I wonder if I'd be disappointed now. I remember the chorus and delays being very good.

Sorry for the non-drum machine content...:notme:

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I have the Zoom Rt 123. Don't get it. It sux!! But, was wondering if their were any good drum machines with good rock drums and bass tones to make BT-for VH, Scorps, Zep, those type of tunes.

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bluesplayer said:
so is that a drum machine?

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
nope a guitar effects floor unit , made of plastic but it did what it said on the tin , incidently speaking of drums why not use Audition to sample drums , then assign the samples to midi ...

·
Registered
200 Posts
bluesplayer said:
speaking of drums why not use Audition to sample drums , then assign the samples to midi ...
Flair said he wants to use the drum machine also in live situations so that don't seem to be good solution.

But overall drums are much easier to program with computer & software. At least when you compare them to Zoom RT123. ;-)

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
boss dr. 880

I was thinking of the Boss dr880is it any good. anyone know. I got some cool programs for recording but i need somthi8ng cool for live playing.:woot:

·
Registered
174 Posts
bluesplayer said:
nope a guitar effects floor unit , made of plastic but it did what it said on the tin , incidently speaking of drums why not use Audition to sample drums , then assign the samples to midi ...
Honestly I have Adobe Audition and most of the Loops that I got with it really suck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts