Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know at all how to remove vocals,guitars (bass if possible) from a Mp3,leaving only the drums left?It would save me making out drum tracks myself

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Check out my tutorial on using SynthFont (pinned at the top of this forum).
A good midi, a decent drum soundfont and you're all set! You'd just need to mute out all the other tracks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx a whole lot POD GOD.The programme is great.I have my own drum machine though,can i copy the midi notes on the piano roll to my own recording program or use my drum machine to play the midi notes?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Seems possible
I've never even used a drum machine (I've always used software) so I'm not sure

Somebody else should have the answer though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found how to do it!Im now running the drums through live kits from my dr-008 drum machine and the drums sound excellent.My cover of the song will go without a hitch now.Thanks again!YOU THE MAN POD GOD.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im kinda new to this, sorry if the answer is obvious, but how can I take a mp3 using soundfont and save the drums (and other instruments ) to MIDI. Ive heard some great backing tracks in mp3 and I would like to save only the drums so that I can use them in midi.
I know with Synthfont it saves to WAV, but I want to save to midi...is it possible?
Thanks for any help.
cheers

Martin

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
You can't convert mp3/wav to midi...not very well anyway. There are programs out there that claim to do it, but I haven't found one that works.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I used to have the Boss DR770 before I discovered Soundfonts. I sold my drum machine and haven't looked back since. There are some quality realistic drum sounds out there. Also battery is a great tool for loading real drum samples in and running it like a software based drum machine, which essentially that is what it is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for answers guys.
Is it possible for me to get the drum tracks out of the mp3 backing tracks then?

At the moment Im using midi files to create some drum tracks with NS Kit.
The trouble is I know with synthfont I can save the mp3 drum track to wav, but I want to be able to edit it, but Im not sure how

cheers

martin

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Ok, so you need a midi editor. See, you want to do the editing before you convert it to wave/mp3. I like Cakewalk for editing midi. You simply open the midi in Cakewalk, click on the track you want to edit, and select the piano roll view for editing. This is a way of mapping out all the little hits in a drum track so you can edit whatever you want. Here's a great article explaining midi drum editing... http://www.tweakheadz.com/how_to_make_original_drum_tracks.htm

After you have the midi the way you like it, then you convert it using soundfonts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Drum tracks

I need help... I have Fruityloops 3 and want to learn to make drum tracks to write my songs too. Is the a "How to" anywhere on the wab to show me how to do this?:confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts