Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i Got drumkit form hell. It is all WAVE files, so how do I get all these sounds in to a backing\? Would I need a sampler?

Could anybody link me to a sampler that is big enough to hold all these setting?

Or is there a bi ass tutorial on the web somwhere, where it will give me all the info on using this thing.

Cheers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I also have some wav files from DFH and what I do is import them into my multitrack software and put the drums on one track then I can edit it how I want and bounce the edited ones to other tracks for mix down.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hey guys, are you talking about drum samples or drum loops? Samples are of cource used differently than loops. I've used mostly loops.

Gibson76, with what software are you going to make backing tracks?

BTW, I'm very very interested in the drum loops that come bundled at least with some Drumkit from hell -packages. So if you have loops, maybe we could do some swapping?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Karkki said:
Hey guys, are you talking about drum samples or drum loops? Samples are of cource used differently than loops. I've used mostly loops.

Gibson76, with what software are you going to make backing tracks?

BTW, I'm very very interested in the drum loops that come bundled at least with some Drumkit from hell -packages. So if you have loops, maybe we could do some swapping?
Sorry, but they are samples. The whole kit, left had and right. I was stunned. LOL.

To be honest i have not a clue what to do with loops so I just stay away. I like to make my own beats.

But on the bright side I got DFH working.

I did a quick beat, apperently oyu have to make 4 tracks and have
Track 1: Bass and snare
Track 2: Toms
Track 3: Hats
Track 4: Cymbals

This would be VERY hard for doing backing track from a standard one track midi drumkit, but what i might do is highlight all 4 track paste the Normal GM drums in and move each part. It will take forever, but how this sounds it is worth it.

Here is my little beat I did, the toms sound weird and out of time, but they arn't the panning on the left and right hands are not exact.

So enjoy. (I used the Abient mics with Rock everything cept for the Toms they are jazz)

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
POD GOD said:
Cool! What sampler are you using?
LM-4 in Cubase.

You know to use this thing good form importing midi. Becasue when I import a normal GM, i spend like 2 hours doing the left and right hand hits and volocites to make it sound reall. Is there a trick to do it quick?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts