Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite literally!! I always liked the idea of this kind of stuff but I can't get the co-ordination to nail it. However as I am on the way to a hangover I thought I would try and write a bit of one. I lose it at 0:29 ish but hey it's my birthday

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Unly

Damn I knew I should have used the banjo patch

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
That was awesome Goport, great job!

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Sounds like your having a blast on this Porty!!!..and drink up!!
Coolez tune!!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Is that the VG8? It sounds good. It would have been great hearing it on a banjo patch though. Great fingerpicking. It's something I need to work on at the moment.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers Phil

Aye it is the VG-88. To be honest the banjo patch is pretty crap. this could be down to how I installed the GK-2A pickup on the guitar. The banjo patch suffers with some tracking glitches. Also it is a 5 string banjo and I haven't got a clue how to play it. I can stick a banjo body on a guitar but it doesn't sound that great. The banjo patch is not liked by most VG-88 users. It is a great piece of kit but you have to remember to play the patches as you would the real thing. If you don't then the patch sounds quite artificial.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks Mickey
and yeah it is one take

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
I hear sum chicken pickin !!! woohoooooooooo sounds great and ya shoulda made it longerrrrrrrrr !

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys

It was short because I had a short attention span (I was
) I could hardly type, yet alone play

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers rid and rain too (I didn't see you up there
)

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Wow!!!!!! Goport.....this is some nice playing from you dude......I dig this well.......reminded me of Eric Johnson's Song for George at 1st listen....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts